Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 and WhatsApp Notifications

(Topic created on: 03-09-2021 10:26 PM)
Davybhoy007
Student
Options

Hi.

I have more of a query than a problem. Everything seems to be working as it should but with WhatsApp notifications it automatically opens when I look at my watch when I feel a notification coming through. 

Is there a way to stop that from happening so that the name and contents of the message aren't just automatically on show?

Also, is there a way to stop notifications coming through if I am not wearing the watch? I'm sure I saw it somewhere but I can't find it anywhere now!

Thanks for any help :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Robs1979
Journeyman
Options

I've the opposite problem.

I would like to see the content of WhatsApp notification, but i only see the red point. All the others (email, sms etc.) turn on my display and show the content, whatsapp doesn't. I don't know how i can activate the display of WhatsApp message.

0 Likes
Davybhoy007
Student
Options
Check on the Galaxy Wearable app mate. Go to watch settings>notifications and make sure all the WhatsApp ones are on.
0 Likes
Robs1979
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, yes is all on, whatsapp and all the other apps, but only whatsapp doesn't show the received message....

0 Likes
Kirsty4
First Poster
Options
No whatsapp on my watch app. Got galaxy watch 4
0 Likes
andrwu101
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

0 Likes
LarryPilkington
Pioneer
Options

Im having the same problem with my galaxy watch 4.  Notifications from whatsapp are neither turning on the watch screen or making any sound.  I only know they are there because of the orange dot.  Normal text message notifications work fine.  They wake the watch screen and make a sound.  It's annoying the hell out of me.  Particularly as a lot of my contacts like to use whatsapp rather than standard texts.  Did you find a solution at all?

0 Likes
Razzy1
First Poster
Options
Anyone been able to solve the problem with WhatsApp notifications not showing up on galaxy watch 4?
0 Likes
Robs1979
Journeyman
Options

If you don't receive whatsapp notifications, but only the orange dot appears, check that you have activated the ringtone in whatsapp messages on your smartphone, in the notifications settings tone on the app. If it is set to disable, you will not receive notifications on the clock. I had the same problem and I solved it like this.

IMG-20190517-WA0008.jpg

Spa77
First Poster
Options
I'm receiving notifications on my phone but can't access the actual icon on watch4, anyone figured this out yet??
0 Likes