Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 and ring doorbell

(Topic created on: 29-12-2021 11:00 AM)
stethorn
Journeyman
Options
Just got a galaxy watch 4 to go with my s21 ultra. Having an issue that everytime I use love view in ring app it shows a repeated incoming call on the watch that you don't get chance to answer as it keeps repeating . The rapid ring app seems worse as when you end live view it doesn't  kill the call connection on the watch, the other night it stayed  connected for 5 hours draining the watches battery. 
Anyone else seen this ?
13 REPLIES 13
Pete2345
Journeyman
Options

I've got a Note 20 Ultra and a Galaxy watch 4 classic. I've just set up a Ring doorbell and found this exact issue happening.

It looks like the watch is actually trying to make a call but then cancelling as if you catch the green call button on the watch to dial, then it's actually tries to call my own number.

In the phones bluetooth settings, I've disabled the ability for the watch to handle calls, which has solved the issue for me as I don't make calls using my watch but obviously this takes away a big feature for some.

I'd be interested to find out if anyone else finds a better solution

Rutt_Dj
Apprentice
Options

I noticed problems a while ago with answering my ring device when I had my watch on, the person at my door could hear me but I couldn't hear them at all on my phone. But I'm also having the same issue with the watch being in a call and staying on for ages. I only noticed this a few days ago as I went to watch a video checking a camera and the video had no sound. I went to make a coffee and heard the sound coming from my watch which was on charge at the time 

stethorn
Journeyman
Options
Hi all, latest watch update has fixed the issue.
0 Likes
infobits
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with my Samsung galaxy s20 Note Ultra after it updated to Android 12.  I just got the latest update to the WATCH 4 and the RING app still tries to make a phone call on the Watch 4 whenever you try to view any video with the RING app. still buggy!

0 Likes