Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 and ring doorbell

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 06:47 PM)
stethorn
Journeyman
Options
Just got a galaxy watch 4 to go with my s21 ultra. Having an issue that everytime I use love view in ring app it shows a repeated incoming call on the watch that you don't get chance to answer as it keeps repeating . The rapid ring app seems worse as when you end live view it doesn't  kill the call connection on the watch, the other night it stayed  connected for 5 hours draining the watches battery. 
Anyone else seen this ?
13 REPLIES 13
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Manage notifications on your Samsung smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061433/
0 Likes
stethorn
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the reply, just checked that . Its not like a notification , it's showing an active call, at times it takes over the whole watch screen. You don't notice the problem unless your looking for it, I only noticed it because I kept finding the watch stuck in a call for hours.
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
Mine is doing exactly the same thing 🤔
Fisky
stethorn
Journeyman
Options
Took rapid ring off my phone as I would check a camera in the night and watch would stay active. Main ring app ain't as bad, but now again causes the watch to be unusable whilst showing live view on the phone , but not often enough to be an issue.
0 Likes
plorsberg
First Poster
Options

I noticed the same thing today. My Note20 just had a system update last night and now every time I go to live view in the ring doorbell app, my watch4 screen will flicker on and out of a call. Quite annoying and frustrating and there is not a lot of support from either Samsung or Ring on how to fix the issue

Members_Dj6xOtw
First Poster
Options

Same here, Samsung flip 3 running on Android 12 with Samsung Watch 4.

Every time I go to live view on Ring app watch flashes and dialer comes on flickering with no sound coming from my live view on phone.

0 Likes
Members_dyBoQrR
First Poster
Options

Same here,

After update to android 12 the watch 4 flashes and dialer comes on flickering when i use ring on my phone

Jhy3
First Poster
Options

Yes! I have an s20 ultra.  Same thing is happening! When I first noticed it I thought I accidently called myself.  Then it kept happening.  How am I constantly calling myself? Beyond confused. Then a couple days ago I noticed it happens when I'm checking my ring cams.  Last night I checked the cams with rapid ring before going to bed at midnight - had just pulled watch off charger.  Woke up 5 am - black watch face.  It wouldn't turn on or do anything.  Took me a min (im still asleep lol) oh yeah watch died.  Well I'm awake now if I wasn't before ugh! I usually use the rapid ring app for live view but it connects on both apps. 

0 Likes
Pete2345
Journeyman
Options

I've had a Note20 Ultra and a Samsu g Wtch 4 classic for a while. I've just bought a ring doorbell and couldn't figure out why the audio was so poor and intermittent.  I then noticed a call on my watch. 

I've now disabled calls in the Bluetooth settings on my phone and this has solved it. Not ideal for everyone but as I don't answer or make calls on my watch I'd rather have my doorbell working. 

0 Likes