Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 & Google Pay?

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 02:46 PM)
Banksie
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone, I've noticed that Google Pay will be installed in the new Galaxy Watch 4 but won't be supported at that minute so won't work. Could anyone clarify this or give more information on what the outcome of it all will be.

67 REPLIES 67
AgeofDarkness
Journeyman
Options

Hi Kevin 

That's what I get , installed Google pay from Google play store on watch , set up cards , go to pay and no NFC vibration like with Samsung pay , nothing happens but Samsung pay work perfect .

omnimax
Voyager
Options

Check your Watch settings under connections - NFC if all is set up correct (like selecting Google Pay instead of Samsung Pay for payments). I've used Google Pay several times without issues now.

mcmahonman
Apprentice
Options

That is a great catch. Not been able to try it out yet but mine was set to Samsung Pay, switched it now to Google Pay so fingers crossed

Members_3WxHElw
Student
Options

I had the same problem. Go into:

>>Settings  >>Connections >>NFC 

Change the Payment option from Samsung Pay to Google Pay and select Pay with open app

Then it should work.

Members_3WxHElw
Student
Options

Yes, I had to remap the button:

>>Settings >> Advanced Features >>Customise Keys

Change the Double press to Google Pay

Kevin27
Journeyman
Options
That's great. I just changed this and it worked, thank you!
Chamsters
First Poster
Options

Hm so I'm a bit puzzled. There's no option to remap long press of back button to use Google pay instead of Samsung pay... I can remap the double click home button to Google pay which means double click top gives me Google pay and long press bottom gives me Samsung pay! Not ideal - is that what you were thinking or am I overcomolicating? 

0 Likes
Gmtmaster
First Poster
Options

That seems to be the only option for USA customers. 

0 Likes
Members_U58KQms
First Poster
Options

You need to change your nfc settings and change it to Google pay

gghasher
First Poster
Options

Yup, same experience.  Returning the watch if it doesn't work before the return window is up.

0 Likes