Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 & Google Pay?

(Topic created on: 14-08-2021 09:26 AM)
Banksie
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone, I've noticed that Google Pay will be installed in the new Galaxy Watch 4 but won't be supported at that minute so won't work. Could anyone clarify this or give more information on what the outcome of it all will be.

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Use Samsung Galaxy Store!galaxy-store-badge-banner-2.jpg

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
On one of the hands on, on you tube. They said Samsung pay is on the watch by default and Google pay would be one to download off the play store. They did say Google Assistant will be coming a little later instead having to use bixby. I haven't heard that Google pay wasn't going to be supported yet. Thanks for this info.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Only Bixby and Samsung Pay will be available :smiling-face:

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
The Wear OS on the watch 4 is a stripped down version with much features missing apparently. Only Bixby and Samsung Pay will be available on the watch 4 at launch.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
MarkNewham
Student
Options

You can install Google pay and it works 

DerekT67
First Poster
Options
I also managed to install Google pay but I had to do it from the Google play store on the watch itself. The galaxy wearable app didn't show me an install for it.
marioVivi
Student
Options
I have bought the galaxy watch 4 classic and I managed to install Google pay from the play store. I tried it and it works. However, I could not set it as the default app and remove Samsung pay. So whenever you want to use Google pay, instead of quickly double tapping the back button, you need to unlock your watch, swipe down and go to the apps and open the Google pay app itself and then pay. I find this a bit inconvenient but I hope in the future, samsung will allow us to swap the default apps with the ones that we want.
Kevin27
Journeyman
Options
I've bought the watch 4, downloaded Google Pay and set up the cards but when I'm trying to pay it just doesn't do anything..
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

That's not correct, just remap the double button press in the settings.