Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Activity GPS

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 04:30 PM)
H14M
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Coming from an original Galaxy Watch, recently purchased a galaxy 4.

On the original I remember that when I start an activity (running, cycling) on samsung health, I didn’t have to activate the location service because the watch detects that a mobile phone is connected by bluetooth and use the phone’s gps.

Only when I didn’t take the mobile phone, I use the internal gps.

Right now on the new watch, I always have to activate the location service. If not no distance or location are recorded.

Am I seeing it all wrong and the location service is just a service, not the gps feature?

Thanks for any help.

Regards, 

1 REPLY 1
Carnilio
Student
Options

I have the same question/issue.

As far as I have gathered the watch4 does indeed have its own GPS module, and keeping it enabled does drain more battery, while keeping it disabled preserves some battery  and lets me go almost two days before needing to charge my 46mm watch4.

However if ingo for a ealk or run, and reguse tonswitch on the watch4's GPS, the watch will NOT use the connected phone's GPS, and rather just record altitude, steps, and pulse, with no map over my route(s)

I hope there is a way to let our watch4 use the GPS data from our phones while there is a phone connected, so we can preserve battery on the watch4

0 Likes