Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 (44mm) wrist band tear around the pin

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 10:42 AM)
Moneytoon
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone experienced any rips in the band of the Galaxy Watch 4?ive  had it less than a week and I don't even wear it every day.  The pin has torn through the strap.  

17 REPLIES 17
RegP
Navigator
Options
No but the waxy coating on the rubber strap on mine is coming off, looks like a residue and wipes away, annoying
GalaxyBrain
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I've had it less than a week and it's torn near the buckle, where the pin is located. To make it worse, all of the compatible bands are out of stock through Samsung and aren't available at retailers yet.  The only option was to do a return and place a new order.  This isn't an option as my prior order included a credit from a watch trade that I will lose.  Not happy I won't have a watch until the bands are in stock.  And I have to pay another $40 for a new band...

B16vtek
Journeyman
Options

Yup, just noticed a year at the pin by the buckle last night. I got it from best buy, I'm going to see if I can do an exchange but just take the band and not the watch, I really don't want to reset everything up 😥😥😥. Less than 10 days and it's ripped!!!

0 Likes
GalaxyBrain
Journeyman
Options

GalaxyBrain
Journeyman
Options

Good luck at Best Buy.  What I really dislike about all of this is there are no replacement bands available.  I placed an order and Samsung says they don't know when it will be back in stock.  I like the watch, but this experience is horrible so far. 

Moneytoon
Journeyman
Options
It's obviously a weak spot by design as that's where the tears are occurring. Poor.
LeLysBleu
First Poster
Options

Same for me ... Brand new hybrid leather band 😳Screenshot_20210910-0956361.png

B16vtek
Journeyman
Options

Sooo. I went to best buy and explained the situation, even mentioned this forum. I also asked if I could just exchange the watch band instead of the whole watch (which took days to setup how I like it). They were resistant at first, but after explaining that there are either going to have a used watch and a broken band or a new watch and a broken band they just swapped the bands out for me. I will say this was an exception obviously, but I was within 15 days, they would have had to give me a full exchange. Anyways now I'm nervous about the new band breaking 😑😑😑

Im going to contact Samsung and try and get another band coming under warranty if they will allow it. I know this one won't last that long either. Such a sad shortcoming on a great watch.

Moneytoon
Journeyman
Options
I've received my replacement band from Samsung and can confirm the new one is different. Will see if it's more resistant to tearing.