Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch 3

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 09:53 PM)
brickieone
Apprentice
Options
considering buying watch so as not to damage new s21 ultra 5g at work (construction worker) im i right in thinking watch can be used on phones unlimited data without phone being with you ie in house and do you need buds or ear phones to make and receive calls 
all advise appreceiated
cheers
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Watch needs to be a version with " lte " capability - also needs to be able to work with your current phone network provider and has to be set up to work with your phone plan - is an extra cost on your plan Would very strongly suggest you check with your network provider before you buy a watch as to what watches will work on their service and your plan (Pretty sure is possible on Vodafone and EE but not sure on other carriers )
0 Likes
brickieone
Apprentice
Options
thanks phone is available on ee at additiona cost
do you know anything about one number contract that allows multiple device usage
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Presume you currently with EE then Not too much but think that is what they call the sort of combined phone / watch type plan where the watch then shares the same number as the phone and is included in the phone's usage of minutes, data etc - is a few pounds extra a month over your phone plan ( excluding cost of watch )

As far as I know ( but again would check with your carrier ) you can either buy the watch through the carrier or I believe you could maybe buy the watch independently from Samsung, Argos, Currys etc and have it included with a one number plan with EE but as I say would confirm with EE first

I can't remember what carrier but did hear of a chap a while ago who bought a watch and only discovered afterwards he was with a phone network on which he couldn't add his watch - hence my comments of checking with your carrier first just to be sure !
0 Likes
Rfcwolverine
Pioneer
Options
I have the Samsung galaxy watch 3 and u require phone the with u sorry if I read ure post wrong u don't need buds when u receive a call its like loud speaker on the watch I am with Vodafone and got unlimited calls texts and data and my phone works with my plan and will not occur any additional charges apart from a fee for the watch a month
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
LTE version of watch actually doesn't need the phone to be with you
0 Likes
Rfcwolverine
Pioneer
Options
oh ok I didn't know that I will need to check what version my one is cos when I walk a certain distance from my phone it disconnects from the phone
0 Likes