Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 3

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 01:19 AM)
nealr
Journeyman
Options
Must admit I've never had a watch before what's so crap on battery life they all say turn most things off on your watch to save battery life what's the point in having it if that's the case supposed to be a smart watch.
15 REPLIES 15
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
How c r a p is c r a p my active 2 lasts 2-3 days
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

According to a  various reports the Battery should last around two days,  though will likely need to practice some optimisation techniques.  https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_watch3-review-2150p3.php    https://www.guidingtech.com/save-battery-samsung-galaxy-watch3/    However I have not been enticed by smart watch myself thus far (just bought a new device anyway),   if I was not lasting that long perhaps would question the effectiveness. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ade0501
Navigator
Options
My Galaxy watch 3 lasts just over 2 days with normal usage, and I usually charge it overnight when needed. I never thought I need one until I actually got a smart watch, and am very impressed with it.
nealr
Journeyman
Options
I've had it where the battery has gone into power saving mode in a day and it happens quite regular.
nealr
Journeyman
Options
***** hardly lasts a day .
0 Likes
Cosmin-J
Explorer
Options
Hey nealr, sorry to see you upset, I got my watch for 1 year now , I was recently so excited about my new bmw and his new features including the awesome bmw smart watch face and services ... which was making my watch battery to hold less than 16h , which means in the evening the watch was switched off, please double check what apps and what services you installed, I got all services on (remember 1 year old ) wifi / bt / location/ GPS/ whatever else is in there20210714_171933_4159.jpg20210714_171951_4160.jpg
0 Likes
charliechaz
First Poster
Options
I have my watch face on all the time, small price charging it for everything it does
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I wrote a post about how I optimised mine and I get 2 days. I'll post it here and see if anything helps, you can tailor to your liking. I think the main one to avoid is having the watch face on at all times and especially on bright. Just is a big waste of battery and 99% of the time you won't be looking at it so I'd rather get more battery life at the expense of having to double tap the screen or twist the bezel to wake it. I used to use the gesture to wake option but noticed too many accidental wakings.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
The way I got mine to 2 days was using the black background and a watch face that is generally dark. Both massively help with battery life. Have you set the screen to always on or only on when you flick your wrist? I actually only use the bezel to wake the screen, so I go one further, it doesn't bother me at all (recently added touch to wake to no detrimental battery effect) . That was a tradeoff so I could change heart rate and stress monitoring to continuous instead of every X amount of minutes. NFC being on all the time drains it, best just to turn it on when needed. WiFi being on all the time will drain it as opposed to WiFi auto or no WiFi but I use WiFi auto.

Brightness I find perfectly good on 4 or 5 and I never use autobrightness as that's a drain. My favorite watch face is MD135W. Also do you see any symbols around the edges of the clock face sometimes? For example play some music on your phone and see if a music symbol appears. If you don't use your watch to control the music on your phone there is a way to turn that off. This is what drained my coworkers Active 2 within a day as she played the radio on her phone. There are 2 ways I know to do it, hoping they haven't changed.  You know how when you turn the bezel and there are 15 widgets available that you choose. If you have Samsung Music or Spotify as a widget, whenever you start playing music that symbol will appear and you can turn it off by tapping it and hitting the symbol of a phone. The symbol will then turn into a watch symbol and then you can hit the back button and it will go away. It is the button situated near 2 o clock. I hope I got that part right it might be a watch symbol that turns into a phone. But anyway, that will pop back up every time you stop and start from what I can see.

You'd need to remove the music apps from the 15 widgets available for it to not appear. I mean it's a handy function if your phone is in your pocket and you want to change songs but just from that 25 mins of me figuring out what was going on my battery is down by half. I'd keep it on the first page of the rotary view instead to minimise battery drain.