Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 WIFI drains battery extremely fast

(Topic created on: 23-08-2020 03:27 AM)
Lauri1
Student
Options

I've just received my new Galaxy Watch 3 and overall it's great.

However, if I switch on WIFI, the battery starts draining very fast.

Battery drain rates while idle (only BT and WIFI enabled, no notifications or screen use):

WIFI off: 0.5% per hour

WIFI on: 7% per hour

Again, this is completely idle. I've asked people with other Samsung and non-Samsung watches to test theirs, and nobody reports more than 2% per hour battery drain with WIFI on.

Software updates are newest, everything else seems to be functioning correctly.

I can only imagine this is a software issue that hopefully will be patched? 

4 REPLIES 4
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
I don't know if this is going to be any help but you should look on YouTube for people reviewing this watch and see what they make of the battery life and safe it is similar and obviously it's not you know there's an issue
0 Likes
Members_rY4HAnB
First Poster
Options

I am having same problem. The first charge gave me a days usage. But I went to bed last night on 62% and woke up to a dead watch! I have had it less than a week and only set it up at the weekend so I haven't used it much 

0 Likes
2chappo
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem.  And it's only been happening the past 2 months or so.  I've gotten used to throwing it into airplane mode, but would LOVE a solution.

0 Likes
Lauri1
Student
Options

Airplane mode in my experience is overkill - just disabling standalone WiFi is enough for me. While I don't usually go anywhere without my phone so it's not an issue, this definitely needs to be fixed. This sort of issue is unaccaptable on a flagship product... 

0 Likes