Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 3: Unable to reply to notifications (whatsapp, messenger, ...) + no Messages app

(Topic created on: 17-01-2021 02:12 PM)
Beckero
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I am having troubles responding to notifications on my new Galaxy watch 3. (Connected with Bluetooth)

I am using a Nokia 9 Android phone. As far as I know notifications/responses/messages should work with this?

First; there is no 'Messages' app on my watch. Which I thought it should be there. But, when I go to contacts, select a contact, I have the option to send a message. There everything works; I can type, say something, use an emoji, .... When I click send, the message is being send and delivered. So far so good (except I don't understand why I don't have a Messages app, and also can't find the Samsung messages app in the store when I search with my phone).

Notifications from WhatsApp and Messenger are also coming through (so I think everything about notifications is set correctly in the Gear app), but I can't reply. In attached screenshots you can see that I am able to select something (for example the 'What?', but when I click that 'send' button, nothing happens.

Also,  when clicking on the 'microphone, 'emoji' or 'type text' buttons (see other screenshot) nothing happens. It doesn't

go to the next screen. I have no idea what could be the issue here.

Screen_20200922_103543.pngScreen_20200922_103554.png

I have found some posts with (possibly) similar issues but haven't found a real solution or a clear explanation on how/why it does not work and if it should work (and how :smiling-face: )

Thanks!

Joeri

24 REPLIES 24
Wuaz
Student
Options

No solutions found so far 😞

I contacted the samsung support already three times, but I don't have the impression that they even read the request:

1. answer: I should contact WhatsApp (I mentioned WhatsApp as example for the quick answer functionality)

2. answer: features of the watch differs between android and Iphone (I mentioned using Android 10)

3. answer: I should contact Nokia

We should keep on pushing this thread.... No other idea so far

0 Likes
KZA1
First Poster
Options

I am living in Japan and I bought Galaxy Watch3 by Asian mail order. I could paring with iPhone8 and was aware the message icon is even no there...So i could received the notification but I could not reply because the select icon is no appeared...Just showed "Clear". I resetting to factory-setup, but confirmed there is still no message icon...

I thought the watch might be caused for U.A.E, but it seems it is not caused.

I looked for any info, but no complete solution. I just find the solution that the smartphone need to be changed to Galaxy...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/help-messages-application-is-missing-no-text-messages-notificatio...

0 Likes
Melagranata
Student
Options

Same problem here...

Nokia 6 / Android 9.0

Galaxy Watch Active 2 / Tizen 5.5

I can send text messages and receive notifications but i can't reply to them...

I really hope Nokia or Samsung take a look at this, since it seems a common issue with all Nokia devices.

0 Likes
Omar Hegazy
First Poster
Options

The same problem here

Nokia 8

Android 9

0 Likes
Emily1983
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same issue and I have a Nokia 5.3. I'm so annoyed because my watch was working perfectly until I updated it. The last update ruined it. 

Samsung - fix this issue!! 

Superdonk
Student
Options

Same on Nokia 7.2. perfectly fine until the last big update which is 'supposed' to make the galaxy watch better.

Come on Samsung. Pull your finger out and sort this issue. Don't blame it on WhatsApp!

0 Likes
Omar Hegazy
First Poster
Options

I have found a solution

I have flashed the previous software and now I can reply notifications but I lost auto connection to the Bluetooth. I have to manually connect the watch to the phone.

0 Likes
Omar Hegazy
First Poster
Options

I have found a solution

I have flashed the previous software and now I can reply notifications but I lost auto connection to the Bluetooth. I have to manually connect the watch to the phone. 

0 Likes
Superdonk
Student
Options

I know that's possible, but we shouldnt have to resort to 'downgrading' our watches to rectify an issue. 

Samsung needs to get this sorted.

Prasad2000
First Poster
Options

Any solution yet, I have a Nokia 6.2 and Galaxy Active. I chatted with Samsung support, and I was told to send the watch in for repair !

0 Likes