Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 3: Unable to reply to notifications (whatsapp, messenger, ...) + no Messages app

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 12:21 PM)
Beckero
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I am having troubles responding to notifications on my new Galaxy watch 3. (Connected with Bluetooth)

I am using a Nokia 9 Android phone. As far as I know notifications/responses/messages should work with this?

First; there is no 'Messages' app on my watch. Which I thought it should be there. But, when I go to contacts, select a contact, I have the option to send a message. There everything works; I can type, say something, use an emoji, .... When I click send, the message is being send and delivered. So far so good (except I don't understand why I don't have a Messages app, and also can't find the Samsung messages app in the store when I search with my phone).

Notifications from WhatsApp and Messenger are also coming through (so I think everything about notifications is set correctly in the Gear app), but I can't reply. In attached screenshots you can see that I am able to select something (for example the 'What?', but when I click that 'send' button, nothing happens.

Also,  when clicking on the 'microphone, 'emoji' or 'type text' buttons (see other screenshot) nothing happens. It doesn't

go to the next screen. I have no idea what could be the issue here.

Screen_20200922_103543.pngScreen_20200922_103554.png

I have found some posts with (possibly) similar issues but haven't found a real solution or a clear explanation on how/why it does not work and if it should work (and how :smiling-face: )

Thanks!

Joeri

24 REPLIES 24
Beckero
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Samsung remove the messaging app if the watch isn't paired to a Samsung phone. This isn't unique to the Galaxy Watch 3, they did it with the original Galaxy Watch too!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Beckero
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply. 
I can live with the fact that the messages App is not available. It's still possible to send an sms when you select a contact on the watch first.

What isn't right is that replying to a notification (SMS, WhatsApp, ... isn't possible). Afaik it should be possible cause it's possible to send a new sms.

0 Likes
cslekniws
First Poster
Options

Anyone found a solution? I have the same problem with nokia 8.1

0 Likes
lavados
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same issue, Nokia 7.2 with Android 10 and Galaxy Watch Active2. Any solutions yet?

Pete20
First Poster
Options

At least presets repliing should be there as I will call you latter etc. Very big Bug. Hopefuly will be fixed soon.

0 Likes
Wuaz
Student
Options

Hi,

same problem here (Nokia 7.2, Android 10, Galaxy Watch 3). Have you any updates on this topic? Otherwise I have to send back the Watch (besides this quick answer feature, it outperforms my previous Wear OS watch in every topic :()

Beckero
Journeyman
Options

Haven't heard from Samsung. 

I would create a support case if I was you. Maybe when we make enough noise they will at least think about doing something :winking-face:

0 Likes
Plaguedoc
Student
Options

I have a nokia 8 sirocco and the same problem. has someone found a solution yet?

0 Likes