Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 software updates to include ECG and Blood Pressure... is it now available in the UK ??

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 03:25 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all,

Did anyone get this official software update to the Galaxy watch 3 yet, to include the full health functions of ECG and Blood pressure ? 

I am watching reviews and forums online, to see if these functions are now enabled and working, as I would be very keen to buy the Galaxy watch 3 when this function becomes available... or alternatively perhaps I may wait to see if there is an improved  'watch 4' announced in August.

It seems many people online still haven't yet got this firmware update ?  It was due to start rolling out on 4th Feb .  If you HAVE received the update and used it ... is this function any good ?  Does it seem to provide accurate data ?

I actually suffer from a fairly severe heart issue, and if this device function was to give a good measurement for ECG and BP, then it would be a great device for my purpose and this could help to minimise my risks of heart arrhythmia issues.    

Although, this watch could never replace a proper medical instrument, or a full ECG test by medical professionals... it would enable me to understand if I was having an issue or not, so could be really useful to me.

Any responses from the users would be appreciated.

Thanks

Smiley :smiling-face:

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
25 REPLIES 25
JDM72
First Poster
Options

Installing now!!!! 😄

Ok, so it's installed, I am in the UK, don't seem to be able to use the ECG, or am I missing something? 

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
do you have a Samsung Galaxy phone? if so then you need to install the health monitor app from the galaxy store.

smiley
- Smiley

0 Likes
Jambon
First Poster
Options
Yes, I have a Note20 Ultra. No sign of the Health Monitor App on the Galaxy Store. Annoyed Samsung sent me a push message regarding the Health Monitor App when NOT available. Samsung get your act together and keep us informed!
Dixilla
Apprentice
Options

Still nothing happens with my Samsung galaxy active 2 either in the UK.  I thought we were expecting a new watch software update that enables ECG and BP.  Samsung support is very underwhelming.  

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I thought the update was for the Active 2 as well?

however I wouldn't know for certain... my watch 3 did receive the update and the new functions.
- Smiley

0 Likes
Turbogirl
First Poster
Options

I don't know weither to be annoyed or relieved that everyone else is having issues with BP/ECG and non availability of the monitor app! Its a ***** shame Samsung have developed tech to give them a massive marketing advantage but shroom the initial users- clear, consise updates on the roll out would be so reassuring. Im using an s9, everything updated, watch3 and just a wee bit shocked that a technochallenged grannie seems to be waiting on such a science based megacorp to get the functionality which should have been rolled out a nanosec after the approval... even an advance link or notifications better  than 'out last week' would be good! Please,  Samsung, back up your marketing with better support information, its hugely off-putting to folk who have been staunch customers across the range x and keep smiling, OP :smiling-face: We WILL get there!!

0 Likes