Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 3 skin irritation

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 02:04 PM)
Members_kALajc8
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have seen posts concerning the same issue as me. I have had my watch since October and after a few days my skin was slightly irritated but as I didn't wear it constantly it would clear up in between uses however, as I have used it more frequently now I have this horrible rash and cut where the watch was as well as discolouration where it was.  I haven't seen what the solution was helpful  on previous similar posts any help available as these photos are taken after 5 days without using the watch?

20210103_123537.jpg20210103_123533.jpg

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
EchtWahr
Apprentice
Options

If the irritation is happening where the silicone-watchband is touching your skin, it may be your skin is reacting to either the silicone or another component of the watchband.

Also what could be if your wrist is sweatting under the watch and/or watchband it could scuff up your skin. In either case I would recommend buying a non-silicone watchband (The watchbands are standard sizes, 20mm for the smaller version and 22mm for the larger version, so you can use any generic watchband you like as long as it is the appropriate size).

Another reason for the rash could be, that you are wearing your watch to tightly. Try loosening the watchband and see what happens

Kind Regards

William

0 Likes
Matthewv1978
Apprentice
Options
I have been getting the same irritation while wearing the Watch 3. Its like the sensor is burning my skin. What can I do??
EchtWahr
Apprentice
Options

Hey Matthewv1978,

The sensor would not in any way be able to burn your skin. The LEDs are far far away from being able to burn you, because if they could, your watch battery would be empty in an instant. 

If your wrist is quite moist because of sweat, or water from showering/swimming it can be that the plastic of the watch rubs your skin open and that can cause irritations with a burning feeling.

In that case I would recommend,

1. to take off the watch while showering,

2. To take your watch off after exercising and dry both your wrist and your watch with a towel to get rid of the sweat,

3. To take off the watch after swimming and drying your watch and your wrist thoroughly with a towel, to make sure there is as little moisture as possible between your wrist and the watch.

What also can happen is that your wrist sweats from just wearing the watch, in that case loosen the watch a notch or two, as that helps the sweat evaporate.

And if you still think it's the sensor, you can turn off automatic heart rate and stress measuring, as that is what triggers the sensor. If you want to be completely sure you can cover the sensor with a tiny piece of non-transparent tape. (!Don't use duckt Tape or Gaffa Tape or any kind of super strong tape as the adhesives may attack the plastic of the watch body which may void your warranty!)

Kind regards,

William

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Matthewv1978 

we take this matter seriously. Can you please send us a message from here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 so we can investigate this?

0 Likes
Matthewv1978
Apprentice
Options
That just takes me to the Samsung members page
0 Likes
Matthewv1978
Apprentice
Options
You can see on my wrist where the mark is, and it right under the sensor. Similar to the other pic a different person sent in this post. Seems very coincidental.

20210120_093249_9134.jpg

marsh91
Student
Options
same thing here my almost 3 years old galaxy watch s3 frontier. I wore it everyday for over a year no problems. then after a week of exercise and showers had it a bit tight for the reading of heart rate and had this rash. left it on the shelf for a week got better and then another couple of days with it and it came back but worse. I guess is all about moist and rubber in a closed place

20210211_113921_31722.jpg

0 Likes
MLayne
First Poster
Options

16162089116497894868250757173288.jpg

16162089357816513290735395455062.jpg

16162089708003115876949550171762.jpg

Hello Tess,

I have been having the same issues with my Watch 3. I have tried both wrists, two different bands, and clean my watch all the time. I just recently switched over from the Apple echo system and never had this issue with my Apple Watch Series 4. 

Why is this happening to me and these other people?

0 Likes
Supahan
First Poster
Options
First year of wearing my watch on and off was fine but since its caused n itchy, sore rash on my wrist.
Doctors given me different steroid creams which don't do much to be honest. I switched wrists (stupidly!) And now have it nearly as bad on my other wrist... ive left it a couple if weeks and then put my watch on again - after an hour - itching and burning.. so now I can't wear it. I was going to wait till.my wrists heal buy they are taking forever... seems very strange that its a common thing. I have cleaned my watch with alcohol and have stopped taking it in the pool when I teach. Still didn't make a difference. I dont know what else to do.. so any advice appreciated... I dont want to get rid of the watch but what am.i meant to do? I thought maybe some clear vinyl on the back of the watch? Has anyone tried this?20211102_203141_45731.jpg20211102_203153_45732.jpg
0 Likes