Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch 3 - overheating and putting itself on aeroplane mode when ever I go running

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 08:32 PM)
Waqasnasimi
First Poster
Options

Hi, I just bought my galaxy watch 3 but when ever I go out for running along with music my watch get overheat and put itself on aeroplane mode is it wide spread issue or is there any fix?

Thanks 
12 REPLIES 12
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
sent my watch 3 back it was terrible
didn't give correct daily steps always over 5k more a day. incorrect calorie counts by bearly half
sent back wish I kept my apple watch but now I've just ordered the garmin delta tactix
0 Likes
owner12345
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue but while walking and listening to the iGear Radio in 4G mode.  Very annoying and defeats the object of the watch.  Seems the watch thinks its over heating but does not feel hot.  No answers I'm afraid

L0gan5
Explorer
Options

OK the reason for this is due to the watch struggling to communicate with the cell tower. If you’re in a poor signal area the radio tries to boost the signal which shortly after results in high battery usage and the resulting heat generating an overheating warning.

This problem affects the AW2 LTE version too so I’m not surprised the GW3 has the same problem as it’s essentially the same device.

The only solution is to put the watch into airplane mode until you reach an area with a better signal.

0 Likes
PhOeNiXxXx
Journeyman
Options
My galaxy watch active 2 4g doing the same thing. Just wondering if perhaps I can return it. My watch has more than a year
0 Likes
CzarnaBunia
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys, my Hus has the same problem with overheating but there is a difference with Yours issues. There is always LTE turned off.my Hus and I were so scare. Firstly I thought about batteriesiin Note 7. Still affraid if it will happen again. It May finish with burning  skin out. So what's the problem?? Maybe guvnor samsung will move their buttocks and solve this problem... 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @CzarnaBunia ,

we would like to have a look at this, have you run any troubleshooting steps so far, and have you had the unit inspected? 

0 Likes
CzarnaBunia
Journeyman
Options

It happened yesterday. Just overheat and reset. Just because it was first time we are waiting. After removing the watch from the hand, it slowly cooled down. It is curious that since watch overheat "good night Mode" started working, what has not worked since the Day of purchase. 

0 Likes
RachLou
First Poster
Options
Has anyone solved this problem as I'm now on my third watch 3 and still having issues.
0 Likes
Moose 052021
First Poster
Options

Troubleshooting like what? The watch 3 is worthless if I can't exercise with it on. Mine overheats all of the time. Just got it as a wedding fifth in May. Even overheats when riding in the car.

0 Likes