Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 - Open Sp02 Sensor to Third Party Apps.

(Topic created on: 24-04-2021 07:21 AM)
DrWatson
Apprentice
Options

Samsung, 

I wanted to use the Sp02 sensor to help monitor my fathers sleep apnea, but found I could not do this as the Sp02 sensor is not able to be used by third party apps. Would really appreciate if the Sp02 sensor was opened up to third party apps, and I'm sure many others would too (here is another user asking for the same thing Galaxy Watch 3 SP02 sleep tracking - Samsung Community).

At this moment I don't think there is any single wearable device that can 'do everything' with regards to sleep tracking so there is a gap in the market here and it would make business sense as well. It's also as easy as getting the Samsung software team to flip a switch to do this!

I want my father to live to see my daughter graduating from university, so I please unlock this feature. Sleep apnea can shave years off a persons life.

Sincerely,

Dr Watson

4 REPLIES 4
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
Just use samsung health
0 Likes
DrWatson
Apprentice
Options

I don't see any functionality in the Samsung health app beyond taking manual  Sp02 measurements. There are third party apps that take measurements while you are asleep and rouse you if the oxygen levels get too low.

0 Likes
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
Why dont you then write a review on where you install samsung health (either google play or samsung apps) and request that they add that feature
0 Likes
DrWatson
Apprentice
Options

It seems like quite a lot to ask for. To add a whole new feature to Samsung health.

It would be a lot easier for Samsung to just allow third parties to access the measurement device. Frankly it might even be a bug! The Galaxy Watch already allows third party access to the accelerometer, and heartbeat sensor. I don't understand why its switched off for the Sp02 sensor specifically. 

0 Likes