Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 3 no audio guide announcements when using standard running activity in samsung health

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 11:03 PM)
BenJammin
Student
Options

Since owning the Galaxy Watch 3 (I used to own the Galaxy Watch) I haven't been able to find a way to turn on the audio announcements (audio guide) so that 1km/1mile callouts are made when running. This feature used to work fine on my Galaxy Watch Original. I know you can amend the audio announcements by going into Samsung Health > Workout >  Select gear icon on activity you wish to edit settings for. The guide frequency setting exists for activities like circuit training and swimming, but does not seem to be available for the standard running activity. Does anyone know how to turn these announcements on for running (I find them really useful)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Thraix
Student
Options

yeah, this feature was removed from the active 2 as in the latest update for some reason, now the only option is to use auto lap each km, but that does not tell you the total time running, which is super annoying. Can't believe samsung is this bad at updates...

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Members_4IWwxZM
First Poster
Options

This is frustrating me too...except I have the announcements but want to turn them off!

0 Likes
Solution
Thraix
Student
Options

yeah, this feature was removed from the active 2 as in the latest update for some reason, now the only option is to use auto lap each km, but that does not tell you the total time running, which is super annoying. Can't believe samsung is this bad at updates...

Members_yrbiwxE
First Poster
Options

This is what I was looking for on my watch! I really miss the guidance whilst running!! 😢 Any chance we'll get this back after another update?

0 Likes
Bansheetw
First Poster
Options

I have been a long time user of Google Wear OS watches and recently picked up a Samsung Watch 3 and noticed no announcements (guide frequency) settings were available for running.  This is disappointing because it was one of my favorite features of Google Fit.  Besides the lack of this feature I find the Samsung watch superior to the Google Wear OS watches I own.  Hopefully Samsung brings it back. 

alejo86
First Poster
Options

I just bought the watch to replace my phone and runkeeper while running. I did my research and there seemed to be options for audios guide/cuss while running same as runkeeper. Now I just unwrapped the watch to be shocked that the audio guide/cues are no longer there. This is unacceptable, samsung please fix this. If not I might look for other watch alternatives, I encourage others who want audio cues to do so. 

Cyclista
Apprentice
Options

Why remove this feature? If some users don't like it make it optional, don't just remove it for everyone.  How short sighted is that!!  I won't be upgrading to a new model if its not reinstated. I'll upgrade to another brand...

0 Likes
Felipem87
First Poster
Options

What is this auto lap you mention?

0 Likes
Cyclista
Apprentice
Options

Dont bother with autolap - its useless.  no hr feedback, no overall distance.

0 Likes
Cyclista
Apprentice
Options

Pretty useless smartwatch now.

0 Likes