Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 mysterious charging problem :/

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 11:00 PM)
DeadlyDazza
Apprentice
Options
I have an odd charging issue that I've been unable to find any help about.
My Galaxy Watch 3 will run down to 0% & turn off but when I put it on the charger it will display (eg) 75% (normally 70 something percent).
It charges to 100% then when I turn it on it will run down to zero within a few hours (average half a day).
I've tried putting it on charge when it's died, for it to say 70odd percent, turn it on charging, then take it off when it's turned on showing (eg) 71%, it then runs down to zero within half an hour or so.
Tried that method over & over to try & run it down & recalibrate but to no avail.
I've also tried a reset but that's not helped either. 100% charge runs down to zero then when it goes on the charger it shows 70 something percent immediately??

(tldr: 100% charge runs down to zero then when it goes on the charger it shows 70 something percent immediately??)

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm starting to lose my hair with it now :D. 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
LibraryJoe
First Poster
Options

I have a similar issue. The watch shows that it is 100% charged on the docking station, but once I take it off and turn it on, it reads 0%. This watch has been a mess every since I got it (e.g. power drains, overheating, etc.) 

0 Likes
DeadlyDazza
Apprentice
Options
I eventually put it down to a physical battery issue.
I ordered a replacement battery from ebay (not expensive, paid around £7) and a Y screwdriver & changed the battery myself.
(I'm not experienced at fiddly repairs but it was really really easy with a YouTube video. Literally took 10 minutes).
Drained the new battery, charged to 100% & repeated around 3 times and now I'm getting a good 3 days out of it with switching it off at bedtime.
0 Likes