Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3: Calorie Counter and Floor Counter are gone

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 10:13 PM)
Kamooleh
Student
Options

I just received the new Galaxy Watch3 and update it to the latest version. After working with it for some time, I noticed there are some differences between the software of Galaxy Watch 3 and my old Galaxy Watch.  Most notably, I realized that the total Calorie counter and Floor counter are gone from the Samsung Health app. There is no widget for them, nor can I find them in Samsung Health. Also, the alti/barometer app is not installed by default and I installed it manually. I do not know whether this is a Samsung policy or this is missing in my device only. If it is a Samsung policy, then that is a shame, because the only reason I upgraded from the Galaxy Watch was the faulty floor counter (too many floor counts even when I am sleeping). I am thinking maybe it does not worth the upgrade since the ECG and blood pressure are not available either.

10 REPLIES 10
Kamooleh
Student
Options

As   mentioned the floor counter can be seen through the step counter, which is a bit of a hassle. I really preferred it the way it was, to see it through widgets without any clicks. However, the bigger issue is the calorie counter. It seems that this option has been removed for good. Even with "FitnessCentric" watch face when the total calorie is clicked on I get this message: "Calorie detail view is no longer available". This means that the data is there, they only do not want to show it to us. This seems to be Samsung policy, that apparently they think it is not healthy to constantly check the calorie, or maybe this part was too faulty. I cannot find anything from Samsung that officially explains the situation. However, if this is the new Samsung policy, I think they just lost the battle with other smartwatches like Apple. I personally used this functionality to control my weight, but with this gone, I cannot see much benefit from this watch. I have seen in so many other forums people are complaining about this issue, but Samsung seems to be reluctant to respond to their users!

0 Likes