Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3: Calorie Counter and Floor Counter are gone

(Topic created on: 05-10-2020 03:45 PM)
Kamooleh
Student
Options

I just received the new Galaxy Watch3 and update it to the latest version. After working with it for some time, I noticed there are some differences between the software of Galaxy Watch 3 and my old Galaxy Watch.  Most notably, I realized that the total Calorie counter and Floor counter are gone from the Samsung Health app. There is no widget for them, nor can I find them in Samsung Health. Also, the alti/barometer app is not installed by default and I installed it manually. I do not know whether this is a Samsung policy or this is missing in my device only. If it is a Samsung policy, then that is a shame, because the only reason I upgraded from the Galaxy Watch was the faulty floor counter (too many floor counts even when I am sleeping). I am thinking maybe it does not worth the upgrade since the ECG and blood pressure are not available either.

10 REPLIES 10
Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The floor counter is still on there. Just press on the steps counter on the watch. see picture (it is in dutch: trap means stairs). 

The alti/barometer app has to be installed manualy because most people dont use it.

ECG and blood pressure are not available yet untill the health organisation of your county approves it (unfortunately not samsungs fault) 
Capture.JPG

Niketom843
First Poster
Options

I too am upset that the cal counter is gone. I rather have that than sleep data in the widget. Give us an option to change that Samsung!

Will18
First Poster
Options

I just got my watch on Saturday and I only bought it for the calorie counter, otherwise I would have stuck with Apple. Please provide an alternative app with a widget so you can see the day's total, otherwise I will have to return it.

CliffNote
First Poster
Options

I received my updated on my Samsung Active 2 and noticed the same thing. I really used the calorie counter as a good (est) metric tool for my daily active goal. I was disappointed to see this was gone, if anyone has an alternative or figured how to download this, please let us know! Much appreciated!

Samsung help!!

Gavlar1
Explorer
Options

Yeah my calorie info has been removed since the update too. @samsung please put this back on otherwise what is the point of having the watch if you can't see what you have burnt 😡😡

matthewtamm
First Poster
Options

another disappointed user here - floors are my primary metric and I used to have the complication on my watch face but this is no longer an option .. what gives Samsung? 

Pennyj84
First Poster
Options

Disappointed here as well - this watch cost $567 - was using the calorie counter for fitness.

I emailed them to complain - would rather that then the menstrual cycle

hederamom
Explorer
Options

Agreed. Can't understand why calorie count shouldn't be a priority metric for all ages and genders!  I'm 60 and have no use for menstrual cycle data.  PEOPLE WANT THEIR CALORIE COUNT!

0 Likes
hederamom
Explorer
Options

I have Watch Active2 and experienced same problem - loss of calorie and floors metrics/widgets - with the new Wearables update (I received Oct. 7).  Came upon this thread of everyone experiencing same complaints.  Was happy to see Moniquedou's reply - that floor counter is within the step counter.  With all my fiddling and desperation to find calories spent widget, was successful in finding one within the "FitnessCentric" watch face.  There, the flames icon/calories spent widget is always on the watch face.  Another calories spent appears within the daily activity heart widget, but that only accounts for calories during activity (exercise modes or auto-detected mode).  Hope this helps everyone.  

However, now that i finally got ecg enabled on my watch, haven't had any success with getting it to read for more than 5 seconds before I get error message.  Oh well... and still waiting for bp monitoring - even though I recognize that none of the metrics are reliable.  For me, it's just for fun on the watch.