Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 Battery drain

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 02:56 AM)
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
I came from the watch active 2 which had good battery life usually 1 and a half days out of it but the watch 3 has died twice now within 12 hours of a full charge

Both have the same settings watch face and are both configured the same way only thing the watch 3 has that the watch 2 doesn't is blood pressure and oxygen measurements 

Any suggestions?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Joe_N
Navigator
Options
Is this the LTE version?
0 Likes
GeordieShores
Apprentice
Options
Got my Watch 3 last week as battery on my three year old S3 Frontier only lasted a day. My Watch 3 battery has been great.

Things to look out for regarding battery drain are..

1 Screen brightness. I set mine to level 4.
2 Wi Fi. In Settings this should be Auto or Off. Wi Fi drains battery.
3 Always on Watch face. I have this off.
4 Alerts. The more Alerts your Watch gets the faster the battery drains, although I get 100+ alerts in a day and by 6pm by battery is still over 50%.
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
no
0 Likes
Joe_N
Navigator
Options
OK, I review these smartwatches extensively on my YouTube channel and with a Galaxy Watch 3 Bluetooth version, you should comfortably get 2 days of average use. if you play music from the watch and use it several times a week for exercises you should still get over a day and a half. Check battery usage and identify the culprit. If no joy, get a new watch. I had an Active Watch 2 and battery usage was similar.
0 Likes
Annie989
Voyager
Options
I didn't realise that u can turn off the battery at night so only gives u notifications calls etc
u go to galaxy wearable app go into the battery & it tells u too go to power saving mode only knew this coz of someone on this members site said about it
only lost 4 % very happy 😊
0 Likes
Armond
First Poster
Options

I also have a watch 3 that I have had for less than 3 months, the battery drain in power save mode is ridiculous. I get 8 hours from the time I turn it on in power save mode... even though it says 5 days. I have sent this watch to samsung 3 times to get fixed and it comes back the same. Anyone else having a similar issue and does anyone know of a fix?