Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

galaxy watch 3 45mm battery life

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 06:31 AM)
dazza41
Explorer
Options
Morning all,
Had the watch about 2 weeks now. Finding the battery life only lasts just over a day. Everything is set for best battery life. No third party apps etc, any ideas?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
PocketRocket4
Explorer
Options
is the wifi on all of the time or Bluetooth sync? maybe try turning one off?
Solution
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you using a dark background and dark watch face? Both massively help with battery life. Have you set then screen to always on or only on when you flick your wrist? I actually only use the bezel to wake the screen So I go one further, it doesn't bother me at all. That was a tradeoff so I could change heart rate and stress monitoring to continuous instead of every X amount of minutes. NFC being on all the time drains it, best just to turn it on when needed. WiFi being on all the time will drain it as opposed to WiFi auto (or no wifi). Brightness I find perfectly good on 5 or 6. Also do you see any symbols around the edges of the clock face sometimes? For example play some music on your phone and see if a music symbol appears. If you don't use your watch to control the music on your phone there is a way to turn that off. This is what drained my coworkers Active 2 within a day as she played the radio on her phone and realised that function was draining her watch.
dazza41
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the tips, i will sit down tonight and go through the suggestions as there are a few things you mentioned i haven't checked.
Will post an update asap 👍
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have everything on including 4G, AOD off, screen, bezel wake off, easily get 2 days.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Davronn
First Poster
Options

Had mine a week now and it's going back ..running latest software on s10 + and on the watch and battery life is dire to be honest a day if I'm lucky without using cellular or gps tracking ...I'm going back to Apple..prefer the Samsung phones but the Samsung watch isn't a patch on the Apple watch in.my humble opinion .

0 Likes
dazza41
Explorer
Options
Good morning, i have followed the advice you gave. The battery 🔋problem is now resolved.
Cheers for the great advice 👍
dazza41
Explorer
Options
Hi rmaclean3,
Would you be able to tell me how to turn off music control. when i play music on my phone the little music note icon is playing on my watch.
thanks Darren
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I will take a look for you the now as I've forgotten how exactly as it was way back in September or October (sounds like yesterday but honestly feels like a year ago). Currently I'm on 43% battery and I'm being quoted 1 day and 1 hour remaining. What are you currently being quoted on the Samsung wearable app?

Also was it second hand or brand new? Not that it should make a whole load of difference as I've had mine since just after launch but it may contribute a little to a battery decline if it is recharged a lot.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I forgot to ask, have you got the Bluetooth one or the 4g version. I only have Bluetooth.