Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 2 battery rapid drain.

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 05:42 AM)
elMurpho
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

My Galaxy Watch 2 which is paired with my S9+ has suddenly not had the battery life it once had. I used to get 48-72 hours easily, but in the last couple of weeks I will be lucky to get  2 days out of it.

Has anyone else had this problem, has anyone got a solution I may not have thought of? I have done all the usual  simple things like restarting, clearing the cache etc. 

I've only had for 15 months, do I need to replace my battery, seems like a very short battery if so?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hi @elMurpho, the battery life of your watch will depend on how it is used. Have you been using the official Samsung charger and cable that came with the watch to charge it? Also, check for any software updates for your smartwatch for maximum stability and updated features: Galaxy Wearable app on your connected device > About Watch > Update Watch Software > Update Now. Also, the following may cause the battery to drain quickly:

-Having the screen brightness set to max

-Leaving applications open and running

-Running background services, such as location tracking, heart rate monitoring, or other activity tracking features

Please follow these steps and monitor the watch for the next 48 hours to see if the battery life improves.

0 Likes