Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy steps doubled with phone in pocket?

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 03:10 AM)
Mcab50
Apprentice
Options

Just got a new 42mm Galaxy Watch and am concerned that steps are doubled if I go for a walk with phone in pocket. 'All steps' are selected in Samsung Health but there is no option to count just Galaxy watch steps. Does this mean my actual steps for the walk are being doubled?! Thanks for your response.

35 REPLIES 35
Logs
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much! That was super helpful!

0 Likes
omjmo
First Poster
Options

I seem to have had the same issue for two days with my new Samsung pods. I disabled the auto track. but now I had too much crappy data. Will test tomorrow with a mile-long walk.

0 Likes
SGibbs
Apprentice
Options

Another issue that I believe was not pointed out is, with your watch synced to phone the watch itself will show all steps between phone and watch combined. Anyone have a workaround for this? I find myself looking at my watch for steps frequently.. 

0 Likes
Wolfrunner
Explorer
Options
If I understand your query correctly, you can not have the watch and the phone both counting steps and be synced together at this time. Future App changes would need to take place. Probably best to just have your watch counting your steps and turn off the phone from counting itself if you wish to have watch and phone synced and not double count steps.
Refer to Grant837 post 17/05 above
0 Likes
SGibbs
Apprentice
Options

At this time the option for the phone to not auto detect workouts is greyed out and unable to be turned off, staying on indefinitely, you can however set an option on the phones step counter to only show your step data from the watch, however the watch itself when synced to phone shows the combined total of phone and watch increasing the step count shown on the watch itself significantly.

I would rather see step counts on my watch from my watch only, not the combined total from the phone and watch, as it is indeed doubling my steps. 

Wolfrunner
Explorer
Options
@SGibbs edited my reply. for probable solution see post from Grant837 above on 17/5
0 Likes
SGibbs
Apprentice
Options

I had already brought that solution up, that solution only works on the phone itself, this does not rectify the issue of the watch itself displaying the incorrect steps, as the phone still counts steps, doubles them and sends the doubled data to the watch. 

At this point the only solution is to not sync your watch to your phone which makes having the health app on phone pointless.

Thanks for trying to help tho, it is most appreciated. Hopefully we get a solution soon. 

0 Likes
Wolfrunner
Explorer
Options
Once your phone setting is off by following Grant837 instructions sbove, you can check it doesn't count anymore, leave your watch home and go for a short walk. Should be none added. (sorry, I know that seems obvious, but it's a way to check that you've stopped the phone from recording steps)
0 Likes
SGibbs
Apprentice
Options

I'm thinking your not understanding what I'm saying. I appreciate your attempt at helping tho. Have a good day. 

0 Likes
Grant837
Explorer
Options

Hi SGibbs!

If you are saying you are OK to only measure steps with your watch, and not measure any steps with your phone, but still want to see the steps recorded by your watch (only) in the Health app on your phone, then my instructions do still work.  I just check again after walking around with and without my phone and what my watch says is the same as my phone.

0 Likes