Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy smartwatch 4 - voice to text not supported in Greek language

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 10:27 PM)
PrG1991
Student
Options

Hey there.

So I've purchased the new galaxy smartwatch 4. 

Pretty good features etc. But there is one  serious problem considering that's a smartwatch and have a main purpose - to make your life easier - apart from calculating your steps or measuring your body fat.

It is supposed to offer you a fast way to interact with your friends and your phone and right now it does not.

I am Greek and therefore Greek voice to text is not supported. Meaning you can't reply to your messages, can't run a fast route search while driving etc.

So why us Greeks bought a 300£ watch for?

I've seen similar threads since 1 year ago with users having same issue from previous watch such active2, flagged as solved but not being solved at all. How hard is to implement Greek language there? 

13 REPLIES 13
irongr
Student
Options

Exactly same bad problem with my Gear S3 Frontier....

0 Likes
Mogumbo
Journeyman
Options
Does Google Voice assistant work in Greek? That is meant to come to the watch soon, if it works on the phone in Greek already then the watch version will too surely? Also get gboard keyboard, so at least you should be able to reply to messages in speech to text?
irongr
Student
Options

...so i hit back!

SOLUTION! After buying and downloading the GBoard app finally greek speech to text works! It costed me 3.99€ but worth it!

0 Likes
Members_t17xAb0
First Poster
Options

what do you mean ? its a free app... any other solution ? seriously, supposed to be a smartwatch dear SAMSUNG

0 Likes
PrG1991
Student
Options

1 month has passed and still there is no solution... how on earth can we use voice to text in Greek? 

I've tried gboard. It's free. But it doesn't have greek language aswell. 

Hello samsung. Do something.

0 Likes
vasvrts
Journeyman
Options

Hi Gents

Vas here as well , i have purchased a watch 4 and guess what i am having the same issues as well.

i have raised requested in chat help form samsung and they are closing the chat sessions with no reply they pretend to have closed the chat due to inactivity, we are talking that we have many incompetent cookies here that they are trying to play smart.

additionally in samsung member i ahve raised complaint ionto the foorums posting new posts and still they are telling me to file a report via samsung members, it is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE !!! other memebers tried ot help me out simulating the conditions both on the watch4 and s21 ultra samsung keyboard and they cannot understand since we do choose it why it doenst work, the final solution was to report the fault as a samsung moderator told me to do so in samsung member and noone seems to take creditability for any actions at all!!

as a ten yera customer to samsung i was expecting better treatment, even apple has support over the world,

Guess also what , when i told them about the watch brand new watch right, the samsug intelligent employee told me that it depends on the region where you buy the watch from and i have also an aussie model of an active 2 watch which does exaclty the same thing, i believe that the people assigne ot resolve issues are not well trainned cause that is region independent as every google phone, would have no reason why would samsung do that for.

but i have searched all the posts and i have replied to everyone, lets get together to raise a case and get our compnsation please.

Cheers

vstromsuzuki
First Poster
Options

please sent me a email at thanos_vstrom@yahoo.com how you do that!i have a samsung galaxy 4 and i want to use greek speech to text!gboard is free version.were you pay 3.99?

0 Likes
vasvrts
Journeyman
Options

Hi Thano

They have already replied to me Samsung members that they are not supporting Greek speech to text, they admitted that officially supposingly, but when I asked the expert to send.me.an email.admitting that in writting and sending it back to my email, he didn't do so. So as far as I am concerned there is no support in Greek but in regards of taking ownership to what they respond back to the customers that they try to get help around here and in general there was no formal reply.

So as a additional step would be to talk to the developer team about it.

In a few words I am very displeased and disappointed

0 Likes
Maxxiew
First Poster
Options

Same here with hungarian language. Im very disappointed too. Gboard not working either. 

0 Likes