Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Silicon Watchstrap Rash...

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 04:03 PM)
ST0NEY
Apprentice
Options

Watch Strap Burns.Watch Strap Burns.

Since wearing my Galaxy watch for just one week I now have a couple of severe burns on both sides of my arm.  I am convinced this is a reaction to the Galaxy's silicone strap and will be replacing it as soon as Samsung offers to pay for an alternative. This issue is all over Google and I am surprised that Samsung is so slow to resolve it. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @ST0NEY ,

Any watch has the potential to be a skin irritant in susceptible individuals; some of us are more sensitive than others. The Galaxy Watch contains nickel, if you are sensitive to this material you have to be careful to use it. One of our solutions is to reduce the amount of contact with the skin. Wear it a looser so that it for flops around a bit, and not in constant contact with the same area of skin. Change locations slightly, wear it a little higher one day and lower on the wrist the next day. Please let us know if the issue persists after giving these steps a go.

0 Likes
ST0NEY
Apprentice
Options
Hi Tessa,
Thank you for your quick response, I think I may need to try a different type of strap perhaps.
The reaction on my wrist is quite painful and I really don't want to take the risk of it happening again.

Kind regards.
John
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

It's my pleasure, @ST0NEY ! Have you checked with your GP if you are allergic to anything? 

0 Likes
ST0NEY
Apprentice
Options
No, not as yet. But I think I may have to.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I would recommend contacting your GP before purchasing any other bands and following my advice on the first post to see if this improved. 

0 Likes
ST0NEY
Apprentice
Options
I am going to try a Leather strap anyway because I'm not a big fan of Silicon straps anyway. Leather adds quality to a watch I think.
Thanks Tess