Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy LTE 42mm turning off and battery draining

(Topic created on: 15-04-2020 02:20 PM)
Rebecca93
Student
Options

My LTE 42mm galaxy watch that i have had aince November 2019 (5 months) is doing strange  things. First happened about a week ago where it turned off by itself and wouldnt go past the start up screen  when i tried to turn it back on, and it'd switch back off. I then thought maybe its battery was flat, so i put it on the charger and that popped up with 68% battery  life.  I then took it off the  charger, and tried again  and it turned on and all was well....until 2 days ago, i noticed my watch was off so i tried to turn it on again, same thing happened, wouldnt go past the start up screen and then would completly switch off. I tried to start it a few times, with no avail, so i put it on the charger and tried to do what i previously  did , (which came up saying 80%), but that didnt work, so i left it on the charger for a little bit. I tried to turn it on after about half an hour and it had a notification saying that the watch needs to cool down and it switched off, so i left it of for a bit and let it cool (even though i have never had this issue before and i wear it 24/7). Ever since this occasion, my watches battery drains rapidly. I use to be able to go 2-3 days without charging it, but now its not even lasting a few hours. I dont know if the most recent update has done something to it, but its driving me crazy! Can anyone please help? before i take it back to where i got it from

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AlexPinole
Student
Options

FWIW I updated my galaxy watch active 2 with the latest update a few days ago (purchased in February) and now the battery doesn't last a half day. I charged it in the afternoon to 100% and it turned off with zero battery sometime during the night.

0 Likes
Rebecca93
Student
Options

Mine  is still doing the same. It musr be the recent update doing it. I dont know what to do. I think i might call samsung tomorrow and see if they have any advice

0 Likes
AlexPinole
Student
Options

I was able to get mine working properly again by doing the following:

1) hard reset

2) reinstalling and updating everything again

3) following youtube recommendations for things that reduce battery life, including turning off wifi and enabling 'auto dim' in the brightness settings

4) because I like the features/convenience, I left bluetooth enabled (to talk to my phone) as well as taking heart rate every 10 minutes. I also kept brightness near maximium

Doing the above and I'm back at having 2-3 days of battery life, much like I had before! Hope this helps.