Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy fit takes forever to finish recording an exercise

(Topic created on: 27-10-2021 06:39 PM)
VinylSarah
Student
Options

Hi,

last year I bought a Galaxy Fit band and I was pretty happy with it at first, and generally I still am, but there is ONE thing that really annoys me that started after a couple of months of using it:

Whenever I track an exercise (mostly it's bike or exercise bike) and I want to finish my exercise, I press the side button to pause it and then tap the finish button on the screen. However, very often the band does not seem to react to tapping the finish button AT ALL - sometimes it's the umteenth attempt that works, sometimes I just wait and it works, sometimes I just give up and, interestingly, in rare cases it just works right away. The behaviour is not consistent and it's frustrating. Everything else works fine so I don't want to get a new device just now.

Both band software and the health app are up to date, restarting the band did not help and I am reluctant to reset it because I do not want to lose all my recorded data from the last 18 months.

Is this an issue with the band itself, the band's connection to the phone, or the Samsung health app? Any advice appreciated, thank you!

Sarah

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@VinylSarah: I'm not quite sure what could be causing the Finish button to be so inconsistent when pressed. If you have been exercising then try drying your hands prior to interacting with the touch screen, to ensure that this isn't a contributing factor. To further troubleshoot the issue, try disconnecting from your phone next time you work out to see if you notice an improvement. 

If the issue persists, and you did want to try a Factory Data Reset, then head to the Galaxy Wearables app on your phone > Account and Backup > Backup and Restore, and you can backup your personal data from here. Once the backup has completed successfully, head to Home > About Band > Reset Band. 

0 Likes
VinylSarah
Student
Options

@AndrewL: Thank you very much for the advice. I tried the disconnecting method, so I turned off Bluetooth on my phone before finishing an exercise, and the button immediately worked.

I tried this over and over again during the last couple of days - saving an exercise with and without Bluetooth turned on, and the results were consistent: The finish button works flawless when the band is disconnected from the phone, and lags extremely when it is connected.

I also observed that the synchronization of exercises in the Health app works much faster after I turn Bluetooth back on again compared to when it's been on all the time. But turning off and on Bluetooth all the time is just as inconvenient as waiting for the lagging finish button. Could it be some setting in the Android OS or the Health app that is causing this?

Here's more info on my devices:

Galaxy S8:

• SM-G950F
  • Android 9
  • Samsung Health version 6.19.5.017
  • Galaxy Wearable version 2.2.44.21101461
  • Galaxy Fit plugin 2.2.06.20110251

Galaxy Fit:

• SM-R370
  • Firmware version RFAM7082C5W
0 Likes