Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fit stopped recording sleep

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 07:50 AM)
nordlight
First Poster
Options

I recently bought the Galaxy Fit and everything was recorded perfectly displayed in Samsung health. But from one day to another, without changing a single thing, the sleep is no longer recorded. Please advise.

/N

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hi @nordlightThe smartwatch uses the heart rate sensor, located on the back of your watch, to record your sleep cycle. Clean the back of your smartwatch with a clean cloth and put the watch back on making sure it's in the correct position. Also, change the Heart Rate settings to 'Always' on: Menu > Settings > Auto HR. Is the watch tracking your sleep correctly now?

0 Likes
Atta1993
First Poster
Options
Hi @carloL mine is doing the same and I have change all the settings it is tracking my sleep and heart rate on my Fit but it does not update to Samsung Health. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it as well did not work... any other idea what can cause this issue?
Ag76
Journeyman
Options

My one stopped recording heart, stress, sleep and auto excersise. First time this happened it didn't work for two days. Kept resetting settings and turning on/off, unpairing.  After two days it picked up. Now again I woke up, watch was off and I didn't turn it off and it's all over again. I feel this is related to recent update? Step count works fine and that's about it. £100 spent on it and not event a year old. Not happy. 

CarlMajor
Student
Options

Mine Galaxy Fit too. For the past 10 days, it's refusing to sync sleep and workouts with Samsung Health. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps from the support page (disable battery optimization, delete cache, reinstall all, restart... everything). Heartrate stopped syncing and now it's syncing again, but the data for the last few days are missing, same with the stress tracker. The only thing that's still ok are steps and activity minutes (let's hope Samsung won't screw that up as well).

Ever since I got this thing it's nothing but problems. And I've got the latest Android and latest software update on the band! Stupid me should have gone with Garmin instead...

Ag76
Journeyman
Options
I'm with you, also I noticed every now and again now when I change the mode to night time it just turns off! When I "look for phone" it freezes! Honestly I had a fitbit before for years and other that step count went mental the other futures were always 100% including silicone strap. I have the white strap which after 3 months got stained realy badly, also the hook became somehow less reliable and the bracelets opens! I will be returning mine as its still under warranty.
AKS13V
Apprentice
Options

Absolutely the same issues from couple of days ago. I think this is a global issue for all the Galaxy Fit Owners. However I am not sure from where the problem comes. We got an firmware update recently for the watch, also a wearable update and Samsung Health update. But it seems that Galaxy fit is tracking things properly locally, but when trying sync to the Samsung Health it fails to do so. I've also tried everything, factory reset, reinstall the wearable and health apps, wiping all the data that I had, it worked for 2 days and today the issue is back. 

AKS13V
Apprentice
Options

It seems that Samsung released an update for the Wearable app and the issue with not syncing heart, sleep, stress etc. data with the Samsung Health app is fixed, for now. Let's hope this update fixes the  bad battery life and random restarts also. 

0 Likes
CarlMajor
Student
Options

Yeah, it seems that after update it's fixed. Some of my data are still missing though and I guess I won't be getting them back.

0 Likes
Ag76
Journeyman
Options

Woke up this morning with the warch off again so I disagree it fixed all issues. Not cool. 

0 Likes