Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy fit e stops recording workouts

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 11:53 AM)
Ladylizzie
Apprentice
Options

I have recently noticed that my fit e watch just randomly stops recording mid workout and I lose all the data from that workout.

It has been doing it for the past week, on walk workouts it gets to 3 miles then just goes back to home screen with no record of what I have just done and it did the same this morning during a zumba class.

Has anyone else had this issue? The only change is that there was an update last week, not sure if that would effect it.

Thank you 

13 REPLIES 13
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @Ladylizzie ,

Do you have the band/watch connected to a phone when that happens? If so, which one? Are both devices and the Samsung Wearable and Samsung Health apps up to date?

0 Likes
Ladylizzie
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

Thank you for replying.

Yes its connected to my samsung 10+ and everything is up to date.

I have tried resetting but it's still doing it, for some reason it dont like me walking more than 3 miles 🤣

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Doyou have the workout enabled or are you using the Auto Workout tracking @Ladylizzie ? When you do certain kinds of activities for more than 10 minutes, the Galaxy Fitⓔ can automatically detect your workout and will start tracking your stats and workout time. 

You can find how to enable this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-track-my-workouts-on-the-galaxy-fit-e/

0 Likes
Ladylizzie
Apprentice
Options

Hi again

It's when I set it to workout. So aerobics or walking for example.

It seems to work automatically but for some reason drops out of workout mode.....very frustrating.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Ladylizzie: Can you try opening the Galaxy Wearables app on your mobile phone and going to Home > Health Settings > Workout Detection, and disable this feature if it is active. The Galaxy Fit E will automatically stop recording your workout data after 1 minute of inactivity, therefore if you are taking any breaks during your workout then you may need to manually restart the tracker to carry on recording data.
0 Likes
Solution
Ladylizzie
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, I will give that a try and hopefully it will work.

Thank you for your help 😁

0 Likes
SimonSR
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. It happens which ever exercise type I use; boxing, other workout, and circuit training. I have tried the suggestions on this forum but to no available.

I have also noticed that when doing a factory reset the band is still loaded with the latest update, not back to the original band software. 

This workout recording issue only started since the latest band update, if my memory serves me right.

Hope this can be remedied as it was serving it's purpose pretty well up until a week or two ago.

0 Likes
Ladylizzie
Apprentice
Options

Hi @SimonSR 

It's so irritating isnt it? drove me up the wall.

The tip about disabling automatic exercise recording seems to have stopped it happening but unfortunately I do still have issues with missing data during workouts.

Also the sleep function is questionable, apparently I've had zero deep sleep for 4 days 🤣 but all in all its working for what I want it too.

Hope you manage to get yours sorted, have you tried disabling auto workout detection? 

0 Likes
SimonSR
First Poster
Options

Hi @Ladylizzie

Yeah, it is a bit irritating. Especially when I'm doing a Max Interval session and want the max heart rate for zone calculation;  seems to be happening at about the twenty minute mark. 

Have you by chance noticed it happening to you at a specific (ish) time mark?

I have tried switching off the auto workout detection, in addition to adjusting the settings within said option, unfortunately it's still happening.  

Hopefully they'll be a patch forthcoming.

Perhaps they could incorporate a manual input min and max  HR zone alarm function. 

0 Likes