Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Fit 2 not tracking distances and kcal.

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 06:44 PM)
88Mike88
Apprentice
Options

Been using my Galaxy Fit 2 for a couple weeks and a few days ago it started showing a strange behavior.  It will auto detect exercises and I can manually start activities but it will only monitor heart rate and not track distances and kcal.

I have factory reset the unit twice in a row and it returns to normal tracking distances & kcal, then show the same odd behavior after some unknown time.

As an example (On the watch), I set a Run activity and it logs everything for 2 miles, perfect.  I then set a walk activity and 0.13 miles it stops tracking distance and kcal.   I stop the activity and start again and it just monitors heart rate.  Rebooted and same thing.    Doesn't make sense that I need to factory reset the unit each time I start an activity!

I took the watch to a Samsung support center and the first thing they says is "You're not using a Samsung Phone so not all functions work".  Well the watch works independent of the phone whilst I do my activity and just transfers the data after the event.

I told the customer rep if you require me to have a Samsung phone, why do you not print a big fat disclaimer on the box and refuse to sell the unit to anyone outside the Samsung universe?

I'm going to insist they replace with a new unit or give me a Samsung phone to use the unit 😂 (joking!).

Also in the wearables app, whenever I set the display > timeout to anything other than 5 secs, the screen still times out at 5 secs.

Anyone else get this strange behavior?   I either have a faulty unit or the Samsung firmware is buggy and needs an update to fix these small issues.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
88Mike88
Apprentice
Options

Below is the screenshot I took of the Samsung Health app.

- The 2 Mile run I did at 12:19 tracked Heartrate, kcal and distance.

- The walk I did at 12:42 only tracked 0.13 miles and stopped. 

- The remaining sections of my walk at 12:50 and 12:55 had no distance and kcal data.

- The (auto) walking had the full data.

3May22-Fit2.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
88Mike88
Apprentice
Options

Went to Samsung service center to pick up my watch.  Asked the rep what the issue was and replied "The don't attempt to fix it and just switched out a new module" 😎

0 Likes
CM27
First Poster
Options
This has happened to my model too, just stopped tracking distance on 25/07/23 on a workout but will auto-detect!!?! My model is an older model SM-R370. Any ideas? Surely it must just be a setting?? But can I work it out?! 🤔
0 Likes