Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fit 2 - Inaccurate Steps Count

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 01:38 PM)
pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options

I have recently switched from the FitE to the Fit2 and have found that the steps counter is not working correctly. 

It fails to track the normal steps I do around the home and seems to only count properly when I'm constantly walking for more than 10 minutes. 

I have now got both bands set up and the FitE is counting steps properly. The Fit2 is 500 steps behind even though I've been wearing it for an hour more. 

The Fit2 is running latest software and I've reset it. I've also turned off auto exercise tracking but this hasn't made a difference. 

I'm really frustrated as the Fit2 has a far superior colour screen and let's me read my messages. But I need it to track steps properly otherwise what was the point in upgrading?

I've googled and see this only came out at the end of 2020 and can't find anyone with similar issues. 

Can anyone help? If not I guess its a faulty tracker!

Thanks!

36 REPLIES 36
Paulol22
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as well, not sure if it's related to the update or not... But it's really frustrating! My brother has a MI band 5 and it counts steps way more accurately than this device. I found mine to be off by more or less 50% of the step counts and distance, when comparing with the steps measured using cellphone and GPS... That's pretty unacceptable for a fitness tracker!

Members_aY14hYi
First Poster
Options

El mismo problema. Incluso me han cambiado la pulsera y sigue con el mismo problema.

Jyuste
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here. I've had the Fit e for a while but the wristband broke and I saw the Fit 2 for cheap. What a disappointment. It doesn't automatically detect when I bike to work in the morning. The other was already hit and miss but this one never. I also work at a warehouse and walk around the space all day long and it doesn't register half of the steps. I just had a long walk and it didn't detect it nor did it count half of the steps cause I haven't even gotten to 10000 after the whole day.

Does anyone from Samsung have any input? 

Michal85M
Journeyman
Options

They exchanged me once, after the update, it was the same and scuffles with the service, they could not admit that the update was kicked only, they said that the device complied with the specification, I gave it to another service, they replaced it again and now I just did not install the latest update, it works fairly well.

TMM800
First Poster
Options

Same experience. My first one did not count as many steps as my fitbit. I only had it for a few weeks but Samsung would not replace it.  I had to send it out for repairs. They said they found and fixed a bug but it was no better. It counts when it wants and doesn't when it doesn't want to. It never counts elliptical.   I love the design so I threw a fit until they sent me a new one.  Sadly, that one is even worse. I tried pre-update, post-update, and rest. It completely did nothing for 155 steps this morning while my old Fitbit was spot on.  

Madikirah
First Poster
Options

Yeah me too. The steps is so inaccurate. What to do?

efrutos86
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue as well. Walked half a mile and no steps counted. Very disappointing. 

Karen L
Student
Options

So my fit2 doesn't show the correct steps since the last update, but the health app does.  The fit2 shows 2388 but the app shows 3196.  Definitely since the update to R220XXU1AUC2.

Kell15
Journeyman
Options

I have the opposite problem I think. It seems to be counting too many steps. I noticed yesterday (1st time with it) I was standing still folding sheets & laundry & it was counting dteps. Ugh. I really like it but zi don't know if I can keep it. Said I did over 13000 steps yesterday & the only way I ever got near that w my Fitbig Flex was hiking or camping!

Members_Cce5Q57
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem & it's really annoying. I switched from the FitE to the Fit to, went for a walk & not only did I count the steps, but I wore my FitE .... the Fit2 was over 2,000 behind.

Absolutely useless as a fitness watch & wish I'd never purchased it. Waste of money.