Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fit 2 - Inaccurate Steps Count

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 08:56 AM)
pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options

I have recently switched from the FitE to the Fit2 and have found that the steps counter is not working correctly. 

It fails to track the normal steps I do around the home and seems to only count properly when I'm constantly walking for more than 10 minutes. 

I have now got both bands set up and the FitE is counting steps properly. The Fit2 is 500 steps behind even though I've been wearing it for an hour more. 

The Fit2 is running latest software and I've reset it. I've also turned off auto exercise tracking but this hasn't made a difference. 

I'm really frustrated as the Fit2 has a far superior colour screen and let's me read my messages. But I need it to track steps properly otherwise what was the point in upgrading?

I've googled and see this only came out at the end of 2020 and can't find anyone with similar issues. 

Can anyone help? If not I guess its a faulty tracker!

Thanks!

36 REPLIES 36
Vaughan1981
Apprentice
Options
thanks for that , I ll have a look 👍
clarees
Student
Options
I've had same problem I've just sent mine back for second time, it was working OK until I updated the software on 5th January then it was rubbish .
pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options
I'm just in the returns process with the retailer at the moment. I think they will send me a replacement and then I won't update it and hopefully it will be ok! You would think they would address this by releasing a patch for the broken update. What good is a tracker that doesn't count steps!! I couldn't even get mine to count 30 continuous steps around my flat. It only seemed to work ok if I was out walking for longer.
0 Likes
electronicbuff
Student
Options

I agree, mine was perfect until the last update.  Something they did in there screwed things up.  Really Samsung, get with it.  They also added a move reminder which i don't seem to be able to shut off.  What if i reset watch, uninstall and reinstall app?

pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options
I reset mine but it doesn't uninstall the update! There should be a way to roll back!
0 Likes
electronicbuff
Student
Options

I reset and uninstalled and reinstalled app. The update i think caused the issue is showing waiting to download. The app software version is R220XXU1ATL5.  I'm not going to install that one, will check back in a couple of days.

pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options
So I have just received a replacement today. I haven't installed the update and will see how it goes. Its already looking promising just for the few steps I've taken. I've kept my FitE on as a comparison and will let you know once I've had a couple of days usage.
0 Likes
Puji
Explorer
Options

Having the same issue. Curious whether this works! 

0 Likes
pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options
So I've had the replacement band on now for a few days. Although it is definitely better without the latest update it is still not counting as many steps as the FitE. I'm disappointed but will keep it and hope that future updates might resolve it.
0 Likes
Pe3ček
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

my wife has totally the same issue with her Galaxy Fit 2. She bought it three days ago, we have installed leatest update and the step counter is totally incorrect. She had one day Galaxy Fit 2 and Xiaomi Mi Band 2 on the same hand. And Fit 2 is 2000 steps behind the Mi Band 2. It does not count steps around the home at all! We don't know if it works before the update. We will probably return Fit 2 back, because it is absolutelly useless now.

Could somebody from Samsung tell us if there is an update on the way that would fix this issue? Thank you!