Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fit 2 - Inaccurate Steps Count

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 01:38 PM)
pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options

I have recently switched from the FitE to the Fit2 and have found that the steps counter is not working correctly. 

It fails to track the normal steps I do around the home and seems to only count properly when I'm constantly walking for more than 10 minutes. 

I have now got both bands set up and the FitE is counting steps properly. The Fit2 is 500 steps behind even though I've been wearing it for an hour more. 

The Fit2 is running latest software and I've reset it. I've also turned off auto exercise tracking but this hasn't made a difference. 

I'm really frustrated as the Fit2 has a far superior colour screen and let's me read my messages. But I need it to track steps properly otherwise what was the point in upgrading?

I've googled and see this only came out at the end of 2020 and can't find anyone with similar issues. 

Can anyone help? If not I guess its a faulty tracker!

Thanks!

36 REPLIES 36
daban
First Poster
Options
Good 👍
0 Likes
kyla13
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same problem only bought mine 2 weeks ago
pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options
Its so frustrating isn't it! I've got both on again today and the Fit2 is over 2000 steps behind the FitE. I wouldn't expect them to be exactly the same but give or take a few steps. 2000 is way out. They are both on the same wrist too. Really can't understand why a newer model would not count steps in the same way. I'm hoping for a software upgrade soon that might fix it!!
pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options
I just had a chat with Support. They said this which I'd already seen online anyway:

please be advised that many smartwatches don't start tracking steps or exercise until continuous movement is detected. Taking fewer than 10 continuous steps may not be enough for the smartwatch to detect the motion. This normal behaviour can lead to exercise or step inaccuracies, especially if your exercise has been broken up into small chunks. Because different people move in different ways, the information that is recorded by your smartwatch should be used as a guide only.

This is irrelevant as the FitE counts steps straight away.

We went through the usual trouble shooting steps which I had already tried.

The suggestion is that its faulty. I have to contact my retailer first as I didn't purchase from Samsung directly Will let you know how I get on...
Vaughan1981
Apprentice
Options
mines the same very annoying at work when your doing maybe 15 or less steps at a time , then becoming stationary again over and over again and the watch registers no steps , Surely there can be a fix for this , via update ?
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@daban @pierced_rose @Vaughan1981 @kyla13 

hello

hi @KRCol 

step 1

do turn off and on the watch

step 2

check for new software update on your Wearables app and on watch itself by getting inside watch settings then info

step 3

enable location on watch → settings → location ON

step 4

if possible, do data backup via Wearables app on your linked phone

step 5

do the reset

if persists, arrange a repair of watch by contacting support below

link

ta😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options
Thanks! I've done all these steps and again with a Support Agent yesterday. Waiting on returns process from retailer I purchased from. To be honest I managed to find on the US forums that it could be the latest update that has done it. But there doesn't seem to be a way of uninstalling updates...
Vaughan1981
Apprentice
Options
I cant find step 3 to turn location on , on the watch . Also why is there no option to factory reset the the watch as it looks like the update that's been installed is the culprit, it's a shame as I really like the watch , may have to return it if there is no firmware update or fix Quick sheepish.
pierced_rose
Pioneer
Options
Its in the Samsung Health App. I've screenshotted it for you. I'm back to FitE. My Fit2 is boxed up and ready to go back. I used it for a week and for 3 days together with the FitE. the difference in steps was huge!

Screenshot_20210122-164156_Samsung Health_79812.jpg