Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy ear buds pro causing ear

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 07:41 AM)
Stillshot
Student
Options

I recently got the ear buds pro and shortly thereafter got an ear infection from using these. I've been using the creative outlier air the last 3 years without any issues and would commonly used the lm for 8 hours straight on many days. I also have no known allergies. 

I stopped using the ear buds and the infection cleared up in about a week. I tried them one more time (after cleaning them of course) and I got another infection the next day.  I've only now seen this around and since I can't return these ear buds im looking for a recommended alternate eartip.

Any links for recommended tips for this kind of issue would be appreciated. Thanks. 

41 REPLIES 41
Txawj Vam
Apprentice
Options

Since I got my for free from samsung I'll just toss them away since it's causing problems to the ear so bad.

0 Likes
Txawj Vam
Apprentice
Options

Samsung is trying to infect everyone, even I got infected too by using this buds.

0 Likes
Txawj Vam
Apprentice
Options

I had the same problem as you and had to had my doctor check my ear and prescribed me antibiotics for the infection. samsung should be taking to court for this.

0 Likes
Ryler007
Explorer
Options
I believe it's only a matter of time before there is a class action law suit against Samsung in which all that are being ignored will be heard!
0 Likes
Rashp
Apprentice
Options
These are dangerous! Samsung either have their head in the sand or are in denial. They offered a refund but said nothing about addressing the wider issue. Shameful really. The customer service was shocking. The buds have caused me more than discomfort....they have ripped the skin from my ears. I goggled the issue and their is a potential class action in the US. I hope this will make Samsung wake up!!!!
Jorup
First Poster
Options

Oh ***** I thought I was the only one, didn't even think in the beginning that it was due to the earbuds! But have experienced exactly the same as the rest of you. Wear the headphones for even 30 min and my ears get infected and with ear drainage... Have tried cleaning earbuds without any effect, but have not tried changing tips but by guess it has something to do with the earbuds themselves. Will try to contact Samsung Support and see what they say.

0 Likes
SyferPT
First Poster
Options

Same here. Itchiness...wet ear and I already had an injection or two since I bought them. Funny thing is that spend 8 hours a day with normal wired headphones at my job and those are fine, but 15 min of buds and...

0 Likes
Rashp
Apprentice
Options
These buds are a hazzard. They have given me terrible itching and puss. Be warned
0 Likes
Members_fDJUl5L
Journeyman
Options

I also thought I was the only one with this issue. I pre-order my samsung galaxy buds pro directly by samsung and a week after wearing and using the buds pro got a serious bad ear infection, I stopped using them for few weeks till the infection was gone and I was able to use in ear headphones again. I tried to use the buds pro after this experience and issue with the buds pro again but after  one day my ears got a light infection again and I stopped immediately using the buds pro this time eary enough to used them before the infection got worse again.  That's really sad that I can and will not use the buds pro because of this issue anymore. I start using my old galaxy buds live now and and with them I don't have the issue with the ear infection. Would be great to hear from @samsung  how this problem can be solve, because I payed for a samsung product that gave me serious health issues.

0 Likes
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Members_fDJUl5L 

At Samsung, we do take cases like this seriously. Please could you send a DM to the account @Sam_UK by heading to Messages from your profile corner, then creating a new message! Once we receive this, we can get this escalated for you to our internal team! 

0 Likes