Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds2 Pro Touch Controls Fail to Queue Bixby

(Topic created on: 26-01-2023 09:29 AM)
beeskeptical
Journeyman
Options

My new Galaxy Buds2 Pro will not queue Bixby voice on my new Galaxy22+ phone using double tap touch control. Yes, touch controls are enabled.

I know Bixby sucks, but I'd at least like to be able to get to the point where it starts sucking.

The nice thing about this issue is that it's all Samsung, so the issue can be isolated to their dumb engineering.

Anyone have any ideas? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@beeskeptical: To begin with, please double check your settings by opening the Galaxy Wearable app on your Galaxy S22+ > Touch and hold > Select Left or Right > Voice command. On the phone itself, swipe up from your Home screen, tap on the Samsung folder, select Bixby and make sure that you have completed the set up process. You may also wish to head to Settings > Advanced features > Side key > Press and hold > Wake Bixby. 

If the touch and hold feature isn't working for you, you can say "Hi Bixby" to launch the assistant while you're wearing your Buds. 

0 Likes
beeskeptical
Journeyman
Options

All of the settings are correct. Bixby is set up and works (as well as it does, anyway) when I use it on the phone. But the buds touch feature will not queue it.

Anyone else?

0 Likes
Options
Is it set as the default assistant on your s22? (Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Digital assistant)
0 Likes
beeskeptical
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Unfortunately, that settings combination does not take me there, and searching settings does not turn up anything on digital assistant. Can you check that path and let me know if maybe there's a different one?

But here's the thing. Bixby started working again out of the blue using touch controls, even though i varied nothing. It's just very unreliable.

I'd rather switch the digital assistant to Google if there's a way.

0 Likes
Options
Are you on ONEUI 5?
0 Likes
beeskeptical
Journeyman
Options

I think so but can't remember. But i did just succeed in switching the assistant to Google instead of Bixby by clearing Bixby's default and setting the touch control to always queue Google instead. It's far superior. Bye bye Bixby! 

0 Likes