Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds+ won't stay connected to Windows 10

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 10:22 AM)
DaDennis
Student
Options

I have been using the Galaxy Buds+ with my phone (Galaxy S7) for a while now without any problems. I paired it and connected it the first time. And now whenever I put them in my ears I hear the little "wake-up" sound, they connect to my phone and I'm off to the races.

However I simply cannot get the buds to work with my PC (Windows 10, completely up to date). If I put the buds in the case and leave the case open (so they are in pairing mode) Windows finds them just fine and says they are ready for use. If I then play music I hear nothing, but when I take one out of the case I can hear the music playing softly from the bud just fine. So far so good.

As soon as I put it in my ear I hear that same "wake-up" sound, the music starts breaking up and then cuts out completely, sounds like it loses all bitrate over the course of 1-2 seconds. Same with the other bud. Eventually Windows 10 realizes something is wrong with the connection and breaks it off.

If I put the buds in my ears first, Windows will claim it's connecting for 10 seconds or so, and then give a "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again." error. I tried putting them in pairing mode while in my ears and then let Windows connect, but that gives the same error.

It seems that everything works fine right up to the moment I put the buds in my ears and they try to be smart and do stuff, instead of just keep working as they are when I pick them up. Am I doing something wrong, or can I disable that wake-up "try-to-be-smart" thing whatever that is?

5 REPLIES 5
degraves
First Poster
Options

did you ever find a fix for this?

0 Likes
DaDennis
Student
Options

Well, I wrote a whole story of my experience, but got an error when I pressed the Reply button. But the short answer is: Never got any kind of response, and it whatever I try, it won't work. Kind of like this forum.

0 Likes
somethingsomeone
First Poster
Options

That is frustrating.  I have the opposite problem (now they won't stay connected to my phone). Bummer they don't have an answer for you.

0 Likes
Boojay
Apprentice
Options

Just hear to report that I have a similar problem, except mine work for a few seconds. Samsung Galaxy Buds+ are able to pair to Windows 10 bluetooth, but are only able to play music for about 20-30 seconds before disconnecting. Super frustrating because other bluetooth devices work with my PC and the Buds pair fine with my phone.

0 Likes
Suuri
First Poster
Options

same to me. any solution?

0 Likes