Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Volume and Balance Issue

(Topic created on: 28-03-2019 03:05 PM)
Electr0
Explorer
Options

!! ALL POSSIBLE FIXES LISTED BELOW !!

Wow... two years later and people are still having this problem.
I decided that I'd go though this massive thread and try to compile all the possible fixes, to make it easier for people to (hopefully) find a solution that works for them. Let's go...!

1. Pair with another non-galaxy device

1. Pair to your Galaxy Phone
  2. Setup using Galaxy Wearables app
  3. Reset using Galaxy Wearables app
  4. Place the Buds in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  5. Remove Buds from the case & Pair with your other non-galaxy device
  6. Un-pair from your other non-galaxy device
  7. Place Buds back in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  8. Re-pair to you Galaxy Phone and setup using the Galaxy Wearables app.

2. Blow on the speaker driver

1. Remove the silicon cap on the faulty ear-bud
  2. Cover the ear piece with you mouth and blow VERY GENTLY

3. Clean the metal mesh under the cover

1. Remove the factory wax/glue from the sound exit grid
  2. Remove the metal grid (it will require a tool, eg. use a small pocket knife) and the dark mesh under it
  3. Clean the mesh under the grid (possibly ear wax between the mesh and the metal grid)
  4. Put back the mesh and the grid

4. Check for defects and ensure proper charging

1. Check for dents on the faulty ear bud
  2. Ensure they sit in the case properly
  3. Charge the ear buds fully
    1. Place the ear buds in the case once at a time
    2. Make sure that the case registers both of them - the central light in the case flashes when each bud is placed correctly.
    3. Make sure each ear bud is "seated" correctly
    4. Leave them to charge for a minimum of 20 mins 

5. Toggle "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

1. Open the bluetooth menu
  2. Navigate to the Galaxy Buds settings
  3. Turn off, then on: "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

6. Adjust "Media Volume Sync"

1. Open Bluetooth settings -> Advanced
  2. Turn on "Media Volume Sync"
  3. Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Enhancements
  4. Adjust the balance of the ear buds

7. Battery Discharge

1. Fully discharge both the ear buds and case to 0%
  2. Fully charge both the ear buds and case to 100%

8. Reconnect Speaker Cable

1. Take you ear buds apart completely
  2. Disconnect then reconnected the ribbon cable to the speaker
  3. Reassemble the ear buds

9. Throw them against a wall  😅 (?)

10. Reset the ear buds

1. Go into the Galaxy Wearables app and then into "About earbuds"
  2. Click "Reset earbuds"

I hope that at least one of these solutions will get them working again for you.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Good Luck! 🤞

1. Hey All,

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.

When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.

I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar? 

Go to solution
193 REPLIES 193
chic0ric0
First Poster
Options

I've tried everything except taking them apart. I am on my second pair, and having to return them as wel . Hopefully my third will finally be a charm.

0 Likes
Chadydahc
Student
Options
This worked perfectly! Thank you!!!
0 Likes
Andy704
First Poster
Options

Guys on page free got it right. Could hardly here left earbud at all,  took little metal grid out, looked like black fabric or flattened ear wax or both.   Remove that, put gril back in and back to normal. Sound is perfect. 

So thanks to guys who figured that out.  

0 Likes
aidstew
First Poster
Options

I've noticed another solution is to change out the little silicon earpieces that attach to the speakers, they have an effect on the volume too. Thats Thats what did it for me.

0 Likes
Narendra
Apprentice
Options

Im having the same issue in 2020, can someone please help me. I paid so much for this and my warranty is up.

Chadydahc
Student
Options

Try disconnecting them from your (galaxy) phone, unpairing them, and pair them with another different device (one that does not use the Galaxy Wearables app) . Test the audio (it should be fixed/reset now) and then re-pair them back to your phone. That managed to work for me. 

solution by 

0 Likes
Narendra
Apprentice
Options

I tried that but still nothing, im not sure what to do at all and its really bothering me 😕

candedcorn
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, except for me It was when my left bud was in (I had the volume option for the touch controls) and my right bud was in the case

So it lowered the left bud but not the right bud because the Right bud was in the case

I'm still trying to find a fix myself

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
SmileyJacques
Student
Options
Petty I don't have these setting to try adjust mine, so frustrating to say the least
0 Likes
Fla5hfire
First Poster
Options

That's not good, that means there's a defect in the design and it is cheaper to replace than repair.  Also, there is no root cause identified so it will probably happen again.  Apple's earbuds have the same problem, depending on usage, they only seem good for so many hours after which one of the channels suffers a power issue, which cause the max volume to be cut. This is garbage engineering, a planned obsolescence that will fill landfills with this high tech garbage. 

0 Likes