Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Volume and Balance Issue

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 03:59 AM)
Electr0
Explorer
Options

!! ALL POSSIBLE FIXES LISTED BELOW !!

Wow... two years later and people are still having this problem.
I decided that I'd go though this massive thread and try to compile all the possible fixes, to make it easier for people to (hopefully) find a solution that works for them. Let's go...!

1. Pair with another non-galaxy device

1. Pair to your Galaxy Phone
  2. Setup using Galaxy Wearables app
  3. Reset using Galaxy Wearables app
  4. Place the Buds in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  5. Remove Buds from the case & Pair with your other non-galaxy device
  6. Un-pair from your other non-galaxy device
  7. Place Buds back in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  8. Re-pair to you Galaxy Phone and setup using the Galaxy Wearables app.

2. Blow on the speaker driver

1. Remove the silicon cap on the faulty ear-bud
  2. Cover the ear piece with you mouth and blow VERY GENTLY

3. Clean the metal mesh under the cover

1. Remove the factory wax/glue from the sound exit grid
  2. Remove the metal grid (it will require a tool, eg. use a small pocket knife) and the dark mesh under it
  3. Clean the mesh under the grid (possibly ear wax between the mesh and the metal grid)
  4. Put back the mesh and the grid

4. Check for defects and ensure proper charging

1. Check for dents on the faulty ear bud
  2. Ensure they sit in the case properly
  3. Charge the ear buds fully
    1. Place the ear buds in the case once at a time
    2. Make sure that the case registers both of them - the central light in the case flashes when each bud is placed correctly.
    3. Make sure each ear bud is "seated" correctly
    4. Leave them to charge for a minimum of 20 mins 

5. Toggle "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

1. Open the bluetooth menu
  2. Navigate to the Galaxy Buds settings
  3. Turn off, then on: "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

6. Adjust "Media Volume Sync"

1. Open Bluetooth settings -> Advanced
  2. Turn on "Media Volume Sync"
  3. Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Enhancements
  4. Adjust the balance of the ear buds

7. Battery Discharge

1. Fully discharge both the ear buds and case to 0%
  2. Fully charge both the ear buds and case to 100%

8. Reconnect Speaker Cable

1. Take you ear buds apart completely
  2. Disconnect then reconnected the ribbon cable to the speaker
  3. Reassemble the ear buds

9. Throw them against a wall  😅 (?)

10. Reset the ear buds

1. Go into the Galaxy Wearables app and then into "About earbuds"
  2. Click "Reset earbuds"

I hope that at least one of these solutions will get them working again for you.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Good Luck! 🤞

1. Hey All,

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.

When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.

I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar? 

193 REPLIES 193
MarvelWatcher29
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue, I can hear almost nothing from my right ear-bud and I have tried everything to fix the problem. I have reset them to factory settings, I have connected them to another phone then reconnected, nothing worked. I don't know what to try next.

0 Likes
SIDSOUSA
First Poster
Options

Well after trying literally all the solutions EVERYWHERE on the internet and nothing working I decided for the ultimate solution! Taking out the metal grill to clean it. Yes it had a bit of wax inside but even after reassembling it the sound wasn't that good. So I tried again but this time I didn't put back the black membrane. And OH MY GOD!. I eveb did it to the other bud and now not only it's perfect, but it's also much louder than before. I was always complaining to myself about the overall low volume. But now, on the highest volume it's almost too much for me. So after a year I can say that they now sound better than before and as I always wanted them to. 

The trick was using a very thin needle that I inserted into the end of the grill and pushed upwards which makes the grill let lose.

0 Likes
alexj125
First Poster
Options

i have tired the steps above and it did not work for me. please help

0 Likes
VVG
First Poster
Options

In case anyone comes here in 2020.

I found this on YouTube: https://youtu.be/9HJRFcvnv9c

Go to galaxy wearable, touch controls and select the right bud controls. Change the right bud, touch and hold, to volume up, and spam that until it double beeps. It brought my volume back in both buds. Both of mine were low, but the left was much lower than the right. 

0 Likes
Recesse
First Poster
Options
none of these tips work (including comments) is there any other way to fix apart from buying a new pair altogether
0 Likes
Zam2
First Poster
Options

After doing this my left ear bud stopped working 

0 Likes
Zam2
First Poster
Options

after doing this my left earbud stopped working and didn't fix my right one

0 Likes
martynmassop
Apprentice
Options

If you come here in 2020 with low volume in one ear - look on YouTube for "Fixed  - Samsung Galaxy Sound Buds Volume Problem" - this will fix your issue! It's an issue with filter under the mesh grill on the speaker itself, easily fixable! 

0 Likes
rashaad
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue where after my earbuds hit 0 battery the left earbuds volume was significantly lower than the right. I tried resetting it and everything mentioned here but no luck at all.

In the end what worked for me was I played the find my earbud on the wearable app couple le of times and everytime I played it the left earbud became louder and louder until the sound level was synced. 

Try this 

0 Likes
EvansDirtyCalendar
First Poster
Options

You motor boatin sob you.  This worked with a little bit of alcohol soaking.

0 Likes