Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Volume and Balance Issue

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 11:42 AM)
Electr0
Explorer
Options

!! ALL POSSIBLE FIXES LISTED BELOW !!

Wow... two years later and people are still having this problem.
I decided that I'd go though this massive thread and try to compile all the possible fixes, to make it easier for people to (hopefully) find a solution that works for them. Let's go...!

1. Pair with another non-galaxy device

1. Pair to your Galaxy Phone
  2. Setup using Galaxy Wearables app
  3. Reset using Galaxy Wearables app
  4. Place the Buds in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  5. Remove Buds from the case & Pair with your other non-galaxy device
  6. Un-pair from your other non-galaxy device
  7. Place Buds back in the case and wait at least 10 seconds
  8. Re-pair to you Galaxy Phone and setup using the Galaxy Wearables app.

2. Blow on the speaker driver

1. Remove the silicon cap on the faulty ear-bud
  2. Cover the ear piece with you mouth and blow VERY GENTLY

3. Clean the metal mesh under the cover

1. Remove the factory wax/glue from the sound exit grid
  2. Remove the metal grid (it will require a tool, eg. use a small pocket knife) and the dark mesh under it
  3. Clean the mesh under the grid (possibly ear wax between the mesh and the metal grid)
  4. Put back the mesh and the grid

4. Check for defects and ensure proper charging

1. Check for dents on the faulty ear bud
  2. Ensure they sit in the case properly
  3. Charge the ear buds fully
    1. Place the ear buds in the case once at a time
    2. Make sure that the case registers both of them - the central light in the case flashes when each bud is placed correctly.
    3. Make sure each ear bud is "seated" correctly
    4. Leave them to charge for a minimum of 20 mins 

5. Toggle "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

1. Open the bluetooth menu
  2. Navigate to the Galaxy Buds settings
  3. Turn off, then on: "Call Audio" and "Media Audio"

6. Adjust "Media Volume Sync"

1. Open Bluetooth settings -> Advanced
  2. Turn on "Media Volume Sync"
  3. Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Hearing Enhancements
  4. Adjust the balance of the ear buds

7. Battery Discharge

1. Fully discharge both the ear buds and case to 0%
  2. Fully charge both the ear buds and case to 100%

8. Reconnect Speaker Cable

1. Take you ear buds apart completely
  2. Disconnect then reconnected the ribbon cable to the speaker
  3. Reassemble the ear buds

9. Throw them against a wall  😅 (?)

10. Reset the ear buds

1. Go into the Galaxy Wearables app and then into "About earbuds"
  2. Click "Reset earbuds"

I hope that at least one of these solutions will get them working again for you.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Good Luck! 🤞

1. Hey All,

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 2 days now and this afternoon when I put then in, I noticed that the right earbud is significantly quiter than the left. I would say about 75% quieter.

When I put the left bud in, it chime as usual, but now when I but the right bud it, it doesn't chime at all.

I've tried up-paring and re-pairing them to my Galaxy S10+ and have also reset them from within the Galaxy Wearables. My Galaxy Wearables app is up to date, as is the.software on my Galaxy Buds. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Is seems that lots of people had this issue wi h the 2018 IconX Buds, could if be something similar? 

193 REPLIES 193
fillmein05
Apprentice
Options
I used a safety pin. Take the sharp end and stick it directly into one of the perforation holes in the silver end cap. Then just pry the cap off- it is not screw retained, its held in place just by some adhesive and friction.
0 Likes
JMFG
First Poster
Options

Holly F**K!! This nonsence worked ...lol

Thanks JayLay

edulle
First Poster
Options

I am on my second set of same issue.  The volume works but it is super low.  

0 Likes
JayLay
Explorer
Options
I knooow 🤣🤣 i had the same reaction. Very welcome 👍
0 Likes
StefanMitrofan
First Poster
Options

Hi, i did that and it still doesn't work, my right earbud it's still quitter than the left one 

0 Likes
Opencactus
First Poster
Options

I tried all these solutions and nothing worked. Now ar your own risk you could do what I did and just plain blow into it like crazy! After every try, the sound got louder and louder. I probably looked like a dummy but it sure worked!

0 Likes
Fatshaft7
First Poster
Options

Used a toothbrush soaked in alcohol on the metal mesh and now plays perfect again

0 Likes
Spac3m0nkey
First Poster
Options

I found a solution, or dry least one that worked for me. Yours are new so it's unlikely they're dirty but for some reason cleaning mine worked. Like it seems like a tech thing but all I had to do was clean, it's as though they knew that had been cleaned. I removed the metal grill with a pen knife careful not to cause too much damage so I can replace it, on the back they was this black silicone thing, i removed that and cleaned off any ear wax, gross. I tested it out before putting it back together and it worked, it even made that sound it should make when you first put it in your ear. I thought maybe it's just because there's one less barrier it seems louder but isn't but no it's actually louder again. Even after replacing the black silicone thing and the grid it now works totally fine. So to everyone who gets this issue, I'd you've tried everything else maybe give this a go because it totally worked for me and wasn't that difficult. Just be careful, if you damage anything while cleaning it's not my fault. 

0 Likes
Talise28
First Poster
Options

I've been having this problem for a while now where my right earbud was at least 75% reduced. I found that increase the volume on the actual earbuds works rather than increase the volume on your phone or restarting them. 

0 Likes
Rook
First Poster
Options

this did not work for me and iv even tried messing with the equalizer and nothing is working

0 Likes