Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy buds stops playing media

(Topic created on: 25-03-2019 08:29 PM)
boyisdead
Student
Options

I have been using Galaxy buds for a week, its was great, until I found this issue.

The issue is the buds stop receiving any sound from phone but the touch pads still functional (changing track, play, pause, quick ambient and assistant).

While this happens, battery is almost full, close to the connected phone, still can hear the beep when touch, ambient still pick up surrounding noise and able to hear nicely, but music, call or phone system sound are all muted, sometimes just one side, sometimes both buds. Randomly. And a few times, it cannot detect that i'm wearing it (ambient mode is disabled).

I have tried :
turn off ambient mode - didn't work
disconnect and reconnect though wearable app - didn't work
turning off bluetooth and on again - didn't work
change output device from SmartThing - didn't work

So far what work is put them both back in the case, wait for a while and try connect them again.
Repeat that it happens when both their battery are almost fully charged and close to the connected phone.
And also, touch pads don't always register my tap, but it's another topic.

Buds software: R170XXU0ASC4
Phone: One UI 1.1, Android 9 (Feb 1, 2019)
Wearable version: 2.2.23.19021251
Galaxy Buds Plugin: 1.0.19031451
Cannot tag this post with Associated Product and Labels, not sure why.

14 REPLIES 14
boyisdead
Student
Options

Haven't got back to this in a long time.

I have my issue fixed, at least to recently before I stop using it because I haven't gone out in a while.

I did not do anything special just updating software and it was fixed. So I don't think my solution will be any of help to anyone having this problem nowadays.

0 Likes
DanielM1
First Poster
Options

I've already replaced mine once a couple weeks after having the first pair, the sound on the left side was going out. Now these ones a week later don't wanna play any phone audio at all. I'm about to just say screw it and send back for a refund because they do not seem worth it at all. 

0 Likes
GramozG
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have the same issue with my earbuds.

I guess it's time to change the brand, and go to antoher one. My new S20+ phones battery is not working well either.

I just can say, Samsung sucks

0 Likes
T841
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue and I restarted my phone and it started working again. 

0 Likes
babic060
First Poster
Options

I have Buds pro, and I have the similar issue. Actually, I have this issue only on my Windows PC, sometimes. When I switch to Z Fold 3, it works fine, but if I get back to Windows PC, it still does not recover. The only way is put them back in the case and wait for a while and try again, or to restart PC and it will be working for some time.

I don't expect that Samsung do anything on the Buds side, but any workaround on PC or for the phones in other's case is also welcome.

0 Likes