Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy buds stops playing media

(Topic created on: 25-03-2019 08:29 PM)
boyisdead
Student
Options

I have been using Galaxy buds for a week, its was great, until I found this issue.

The issue is the buds stop receiving any sound from phone but the touch pads still functional (changing track, play, pause, quick ambient and assistant).

While this happens, battery is almost full, close to the connected phone, still can hear the beep when touch, ambient still pick up surrounding noise and able to hear nicely, but music, call or phone system sound are all muted, sometimes just one side, sometimes both buds. Randomly. And a few times, it cannot detect that i'm wearing it (ambient mode is disabled).

I have tried :
turn off ambient mode - didn't work
disconnect and reconnect though wearable app - didn't work
turning off bluetooth and on again - didn't work
change output device from SmartThing - didn't work

So far what work is put them both back in the case, wait for a while and try connect them again.
Repeat that it happens when both their battery are almost fully charged and close to the connected phone.
And also, touch pads don't always register my tap, but it's another topic.

Buds software: R170XXU0ASC4
Phone: One UI 1.1, Android 9 (Feb 1, 2019)
Wearable version: 2.2.23.19021251
Galaxy Buds Plugin: 1.0.19031451
Cannot tag this post with Associated Product and Labels, not sure why.

14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This could be a connection issue but also hardware or software related @boyisdead 

If this was my situation I'd be contacting Samsung Support and asking for a replacement set.

Please let us know how you get on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
EZDOESIT18
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with my Note 9. Whenever it is connected via bluetooth to anything. Either my Bose speakers or my galaxy buds. Audio keeps pausing

0 Likes
kendall21
Student
Options

Same issue with Galaxy S7.

The buds worked the first time I used them. The second time they stopped emitting sound after about 2 seconds whatever streaming app is used (radio, spotify), while the app keeps playing and the pairing is functional.

Bluetooth works to stream music on my amplified speakers, so it is an earbuds issue. I have updated them through the wearable app, not sure if the stopping started happening after the update. Is there a way to factory reset the earbuds ?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

On the connected phone, open the Galaxy Wearableapp. Then, perform the following steps specific to your earbuds:

Galaxy Buds: Tap About earbuds > Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset. "

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
kendall21
Student
Options

Hello BOB,

Thank you, I did reset the earbuds before posting and re-did it now, but the problems subsists. I can hear in the earbuds that they are paired correctly as there is a low noise (I think it is due to the gain) in them as in my other bluetooth headphones. But no sound while streaming.

When I mentioned "factory reset", I was thinking of resetting also the firmware of the earbuds, because there has been an update of the firmware in the first day I used them. (Actually I am not sure if I did the update before I used them successfully of after..).

0 Likes
conman
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue as @boyisdead. 

Can move music along by tapping earbud but no music whatsoever  

samin
Student
Options

wow, I have the same issue with my buds+ and I tried EVERYTHING. were you able to get it fixed?

0 Likes
samin
Student
Options

Right I had the same issue with my pixel 3 phone connecting it both to my buds and JBL speaker

0 Likes
Annoyedandroid
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue.  It seems to be yet another Samsung issue that they will ignore and hope we just buy their next gen *****.  I have had all of their watches, and each one had glaring mistakes they simply ignored or fixed by making a new one.  I am very skeptical of this issue being fixed as it is not worth their time to actually be helpful.  This may be the last Samsung product I buy.