Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds+, Right earbud buzzing

(Topic created on: 17-06-2020 07:00 PM)
Jack_Curry
Apprentice
Options

I got my Galaxy Buds+ last week and noticed a small buzzing in the right earbud at all times. It's especially noticeable when there is no media playing. Ambient sound is off. I have tried resetting the earbuds but that did not resolve the issue. The issue is persistent regardless of charge. I am going to try draining the right earbuds battery to zero per a suggestion on a Reddit forum. Another suggestion was to change the bluetooth audio codec but I am pairing it to an iPhone 7 and I don't believe that is an option for this phone.  If the issue persists I'll be returning them and will look for a different pair of wireless earbuds as it appears to be a very common problem and not just a defect of this particular pair of Buds.

Edit: Additionally, these buds are running the most recent firmware. R175XXU0ATF2

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Jack_Curry 

That's not what we like to ear. Have you tried to reset your Galaxy Buds+? Have a look at this link from our friends in the US.

0 Likes
Jack_Curry
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I have reset the earbuds a couple of times. I’m still waiting for the battery to drain completely.
Jack_Curry
Apprentice
Options

I can also confirm that depleting my battery did nothing. 

0 Likes
Solution
Jack_Curry
Apprentice
Options

I exchanged them in store as they seemed to have some other issues. Buzzing is not there on new Buds and they're finally able to connect to a PC. Think I had a bad pair. 

0 Likes