Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds - Right bud quieter than left

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 11:04 AM)
ThomasM3
First Poster
Options

I've just received new Galaxy buds as a gift and right out of the box the left bud is noticeably louder then the right. I've tested the buds on Windows 10, Android 9, and Ubuntu with the same issue occurring. Though on Windows, I get two audio outputs to choice from.

"Headset (Galaxy Buds (9E22) Hands-Free AG Audio)" 

"Headphones (Galaxy Buds (9E22) Stereo)" 

The stereo option has the audio imbalance issue, but the AG audio doesn't. Though the audio quality is extremely poor using the AG audio option.

I've done research about this issue and while it appears others have ran into this, none of the solutions have either worked or are relevant. There's nothing clogging the buds since the issue was present right out of the box and the AG output option doesn't have this issue. I've tried resetting multiple times in the Galaxy Wearable app. Tried letting the buds die, then recharge. Tried removing the buds from my devices and redoing the setup. A comment suggested using the "Find My Earbuds" option to rebalance the buds, though still nothing changed.

I've already updated the firmware to the latest version R170XXU0ATF2. All my devices it connects to are up to date and other bluetooth headphones haven't had this issue.  

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Colshie
Navigator
Options
I noticed this too on the Buds Pro but it seems to be inconsistent and I believe it to be the source. listening to Spotify via my S21U it's perfect along with Netflix etc. when you connect to W10 or non Galaxy Wear sources the app no longer controls your sound. I agree it isn't great and you would expect Windows or other devices to connect and manage the quality and balance of the Buds.
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
go into the Dolby Atmos settings and there is a setting in there that changes the sounds it's called adapt sounds try messing with that see if that helps you.

Screenshot_20210218-110110_SoundAlive.jpg

Screenshot_20210218-110116_Adapt sound.jpg

0 Likes
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
yes it definitely sounds like it could be this. until Samsung here's about the bug and fixes it with software it shouldn't be hard to fix tho.
ThomasM3
First Poster
Options

Is this in the Galaxy Wearable app? These options don't existed on my copy. I'm using the app in a Moto G phone and only have Dolby Audio app installed.

0 Likes
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
no Thomas it's in normal settings in the pull down menu in the Dolby Atmos setting
0 Likes