Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 12:13 PM)
Members_LsDwBsn
Student
Options

After using the Galaxy Buds Pro for the first time I developed an ear infection. This followed what seemed like burning inside my ear.

I have let the infection clear up and used them again for 1 hour and have the same symptoms again.

Is there a know problem with the Buds Pro that cause an allergic reaction? The Buds cost a lot of money and it seems they are useless.

Dose anybody have a suggested solution to this or could anybody from Samsung help?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
StephK1
Options

Hey @Members_LsDwBsn! Sorry to hear about this. Here at Samsung we take these situations seriously. I've sent over a PM with further information regarding this, so please take a look as soon as you can. 🙂

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Different people do have different allergies obviously Members_LswDwBsn and it seems that you may have been genuinely unlucky here. I have not personally heard of anyone else suffering an allergic reaction to the Buds Pro but I had a weird problem after using my Buds live for the first time in that I had them on in the evening before bed for an hour or two and all was well. I woke up the next morning and my sense of balance had gone and I was staggering around the house as if drunk as my world span around me. I guess it was the pressure in my ear building up the night before that had upset my ears or just one ear maybe?. This only happened the once (and disappeared completely within a few hours) and never again thankfully. An allergy is different though and will not go away and could even worsen. Have you ever had this problem with earphones at all?.. I use Buds live as mentioned above which have brilliant sound quality but it would be hard for you to test these out for a short period without actually making the commitment of buying some?. Ear infections can be nasty though so I would respect your body and give your Buds Pro a wide birth as you can't take antihistamines every day just to use them can you?. Good luck regardless Members_LsDwBsn. 👍 👍
0 Likes
Members_LsDwBsn
Student
Options

hi,

I have used all sorts of buds in the past with no problems. 

Many Thanks

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Sorry to hear you got an infection with them. I had terrible pain in the right ear using them when I first got them, but I can't say I was allergic to them. I didn't like them at all from a fitting perspective, but I stuck with them. After a few months I guess I got use to them now so my ears don't really hurt as they use to.

Sound quality wise they're easily the best buds from Samsung and I own the buds+, live and Pro. I just wish the fitting was better like the buds+ as well as their longevity, also like the buds+.
0 Likes
CaptWillard
Journeyman
Options

I have a similar issue. Have had the Buds and Buds Plus previously with no issues despite heavy wear. The Buds Pro were fine at first.

A few weeks ago I started feeling irritation in my ears which lead to fluid and cracked skin. Left them out for a couple weeks and used on ear headphones thinking it was an infection. Once my ears were healed up popped back in my buds pro for a good few hours and the same thing started again. Stopped wearing them and it's clearing up.

It might be completely unrelated however it does seem to correspond to wearing the Buds Pro although correlation isn't causation.

CaptWillard
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Munsen99
First Poster
Options
I've had the bud pros since Feb. I have also developed symptoms described by others above. in my case, I think the buds are too large for my ear canal. I swapped over to the smallest rubber bits. I'm always pushing them in and twisting them to lock them in place. this process is definitely causing ear canal irritation. I've had to stop using them. big shame.
CaptWillard
Journeyman
Options

I've gone back to using my Galaxy Buds Plus for now. Might give ear tips other than the ones Samsung supplied a go. Was hoping they would get in touch or respond to the thread.

0 Likes
Tee22
First Poster
Options

Yes something is not right same problem thought something was wrong with me! Its these silicone buds I have never had a problem with any other tips but these have to have something poisoning to the ear canal in them I suggest everyone contact Samsung to complain. This can cause eventually someone to experience going deaf!

0 Likes