Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds pro whistle/ wind noise.

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 10:34 PM)
Amerd
Student
Options

Hi.

Few days ago my buds pro stared to making this strange noise. It happens only with "ANC", left headphone doing this whistle only and right doing this noise of wind or something like that. Does anyone had that problem? Any soultion for it? I've already tried to reseting my buds but didn't work out.

23 REPLIES 23
zFold3 user
First Poster
Options

Mine just started doing this too in the left earbud only. New when I purchased my Galaxy zFold 3. I find it interesting that many are experiencing this same issue. My noise cancellation is off and it is still occurring.

0 Likes
zFold3 user
First Poster
Options

UPDATE Samsung support had me try the buds on another device and there didn't seem to be an issue connected to that device. Then they had me delete the Wearable app and reinstall it and reconfigure it. Problem seems to be gone.

0 Likes
LiamC_1
First Poster
Options

I tried this and it mostly stops. Only happens if I press hard on the earbud when its in my ear

0 Likes
Hegyiboii
Apprentice
Options

Heyy! It happens cuz u push it in too much and the anc just becomes crazy. I replaced the bud's earpads with smaller ones for my ears. I do not need to adjust them every 2 minutes anymore, and do not need to push them in and stuff. You should try it too, so to make sure you got the right fit. There are three sizes in the packaging. Hope this helps! :smiling-face:

Hegyiboii
Apprentice
Options

Heyy! It happens cuz u push it in too much and the anc just becomes crazy. I replaced the bud's earpads with smaller ones for my ears. I do not need to adjust them every 2 minutes anymore, and do not need to push them in and stuff. You should try it too, so to make sure you got the right fit. There are three sizes in the packaging. Hope this helps! 

Members_HObOLy3
Student
Options

I'm now on my third pair of Buds Pro due to issues such as this whistling. 

In addition to the whistling issue, the volume started to decrease in both buds and the ANC started to fail. 

My first pair lasted 6 months. Sent them back to Samsung, they sent me a new pair (obviously under warranty) . I requested a report from the technician. Wasn't so easy to get this. They said this failure of the buds was due to build up wax, dust etc. 

But this 2nd pair lasted again 6 months untill I started experiencing the same issue. 

Sent them back again Samsung, they replaced them with a new pair (they won't be repairing them). Again I asked for report. This time, I was told it was a component failure.

I queried this with Samsung wanting to know more about what exactly is failing inside the buds. 

They couldn't tell me because actually they never open up the buds to see what the issue is, they just replace them.

2 weeks after receiving this third pair, just been on a cycle ride and started getting a whistling in the right ear bud.

So, it's likely these will also be returned. 

I have 1 year warranty each time they are replaced.

0 Likes
Atarabieh
First Poster
Options

Hey, do you believe this is normal? I have buds2 pro and I can hear the whistle only if I push the buds hard enough. For me it seems that the internal Mic is causing this. And it only happens on the left bud, and only when ANC or ambient is turned on.

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Why are my Galaxy buds making a weird noise?
Check for software updates on your earbuds and connected device. Make sure your earbuds and phone or tablet have the latest software version installed. If an issue occurs when using a certain app, such as Spotify, make sure the app is also up to date.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Members_fKDF5Mu
First Poster
Options

This worked for me! Thanks so much

Edit:it worked for like two minutes lmao ok my bad

0 Likes
Members_HObOLy3
Student
Options

My bud pro's have been replaced 3 times by Samsung -  under warranty  - for this or similar issue. 

It happens about the sixth month

I'm now experiencing issues with the bud pro's I have now - which were replaced by Samsung about six months ago. I've kept them as clean as possible. So Samsung will be getting a call tomorrow and as before will be replacing them.

0 Likes