Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro tips - allergic reaction

(Topic created on: 23-04-2021 01:44 PM)
Fidge73
Journeyman
Options

Hi, it seems that I'm allergic to the tips on all of the Galaxy Buds range. I have now had 3 sets of the Buds over the last 3 years and each set makes my ears weep and scab after wearing them for less than an hour.

I don't have an issue with any other brands that I've tried just the Samsung ones.

In previous years I have just swapped them out, but the Pro's have a non standard fitting and normal circular holed ones don't fit.

What material are these made out of and are there any alternatives that I can use?

14 REPLIES 14
swamprat
Pioneer
Options
just a suggestion , maybe contact the manufacturers and see if they have some sort of clear ear bud shield ? or maybe use a barrier cream for your ears ? hope you get sorted 👍
0 Likes
swamprat
Pioneer
Options
hope this helps

Screenshot_20210204-205123_Amazon Shopping.jpg

0 Likes
Fidge73
Journeyman
Options
unfortunately that appears to be for the whole bud, it's the tips that are causing the issue.
0 Likes
swamprat
Pioneer
Options
just a thought hope you get sorted.🙂
0 Likes
Fidge73
Journeyman
Options
no problem, thanks for the suggestions though. I might give the barrier cream go.
0 Likes
swamprat
Pioneer
Options
it's worth a try it worked for me with a ring that kept irritating my skin 👍
keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options

I've been following similar discussions on the Galaxy US forums where Samsung are asking for more details and in some cases recalling the Buds for further investigation (e.g. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Buds/Galaxy-Buds-Pro-tips-allergic-reaction/td-p/1727228/...)

Anyone know how to flag this discussion and issue to forum moderators or someone from Samsung who could help?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @keithcoyne ,

would you be able to send us a message with more details of your case to our https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 account? 

0 Likes
vim_fuego_0
First Poster
Options

Hi did you manage to sort this as I've had issues with 2 pairs of galaxy buds. The original buds and now a new set of buds+. Only need to use them for 45 mins and my ears itch. Later they weep and scab. Seems pretty common looking around on the Internet. I'm always fine with other earphones so it's 100% an issue with samsung galaxy earphones for some reason. 

0 Likes