Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro Left Earbud Stopped Working

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 12:50 AM)
Galaxy Hunter
Apprentice
Options

Title says it all. I bought the earbuds about a year ago now, and I've been pretty pleased with them overall. About a week ago, I noticed that the sound volume in the left earbud started degrading. During use the sound started to become lopsided, for lack of a better term, to the right, and eventually the sound cut out in that earbud altogether.

I know that I'm not going deaf in that ear, and I've browsed the internet for solutions, with none of the ones I've seen working for me. I'm pretty fed up with them by now, seeing as I have an older pair of random $30 Bluetooth headphones from over a decade ago that still work just fine (aside from bad battery life and no noise cancelling). I'm definitely not dropping another $150 for a lemon that'll go bad within a year.

So, is there anything else that I can try? Attempted solutions are below.

-verify charge on both earbuds and case (good)

-remove and replace earbuds in ear (no reaction)

-reset Bluetooth connection to earbuds (no change)

-unpaired and re-paired earbuds (no change)

-restarted the phone

-verify software build on headphones (current and up to date as of this post)

-played around with the noise canceling functions (no change)

-factory reset the earbuds (no change)

-cleaned the earbuds with a q-tip and 70% IPA (brief improvement, then degraded again)

Currently the left earbud is 50-60% quieter than the right, by my reckoning.

7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Galaxy Hunter ,

As you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps available, I would recommend getting in touch with our team in your region. You can find their contact details here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

0 Likes
Neilios
First Poster
Options
I've just started having the same issue today. Left ear bud down in volume by about 50%.
Did you find a solution in the end?
0 Likes
waleswanderer
First Poster
Options
I had an issue with sound balance, the right side volume was only 40% compared with the left. My solution, i took off the silicon cup to expose the tiny perforated metal plate, then used an old toothbrush in a tapping motion against the metal plate, and blew against the small holes, happy days it worked a treat.
0 Likes
Galaxy Hunter
Apprentice
Options

Tried navigating Samsung's Customer Service system which crashed on me twice, was then told that my warranty ran out right around the time this started happening. I had the option to try and get it repaired out of pocket. Instead I gave it up as a loss and bough a pair of Beats Earbuds instead, since I was told they were more reliable and did all the important stuff I needed anyways.

0 Likes
Galaxy Hunter
Apprentice
Options

I'll give that a shot, but I already tried a rubbing alcohol cleanse (on both) and it didn't help.

0 Likes
Ledgend
Journeyman
Options
Check if there is any dust particles or dirt this could be the problem why the sound quality is reducing.The more cleaner the earbuds are means better hearing quality
0 Likes
ian1982
First Poster
Options
Anyone manage to resolve this issue. I am having the same now
0 Likes