Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro Infection

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 04:12 PM)
thebongabroad
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought the Galaxy Buds Pro in Switzerland last November and have been using since. After about a month of use, ear infections started occuring in both my ears and also at the onset of ear canal. This includes reddish skin, liquid spill and skin flakes. In spite of trying number of times, it kept on coming back to the point I can't use them anymore for health reasons.

This issue has been widely reported in the press, samsung us community, reditt among others. Not sure what is Samsung's official response on this one. I don't want to speculate but certain media reports noted that use of nickel in the buds facing ear is the source of skin irritation and infection which may or may not be correct. However, bottomline is galaxy buds pro initiate allergic reaction to ears for a certain group of users unfortunately.

Does anyone know how do I get in touch with a mod for Switzerland ?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Hey @thebongabroad, this isn't something that anyone wants to hear! Can you send either myself, or one of the other moderators a quick private message? We want to get this escalated for you as quickly as possible!

thebongabroad
Journeyman
Options

Just dropped a message. Thanks.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@thebongabroad: We'll be able to get this escalated for you if you're based in the UK or Ireland. If you are currently based in Switzerland, then please reach out to the Support Team in your region by following the link below, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and checking the 'Support' options, and an advisor will be able to assist you further.

Samsung Schweiz | Smartphones | TV | Haushaltsgeräte | IT

0 Likes
thebongabroad
Journeyman
Options

Cheers Andrew. I tried to speak to the chat but unfortunately they don't speak English, so got advised to drop an email to service centre. 

Let's see how it pans out.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Deviant
Explorer
Options
Sorry to jump on this, but I have the same issue with the buds Pro causing ear irritation and infections. @AndrewL I have sent you a dm.
0 Likes
Nimms007
First Poster
Options
I've recently been experiencing the same problem. My ears feel wet when in use and the next day crust over and are painful 🤷 Can anyone at Samsung advise what I am supposed to do as my previous Galaxy Buds + I never had this problem
0 Likes