Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro Ear Infection

(Topic created on: 16-01-2022 12:31 AM)
thebongabroad
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought the Galaxy Buds Pro in Switzerland last November and have been using since. After about a month of use, ear infections started occuring in both my ears and also at the onset of ear canal. This includes reddish skin, liquid spill and skin flakes. In spite of trying number of times, it kept on coming back to the point I can't use them anymore for health reasons.

This issue has been widely reported in the press, samsung us community, reditt among others. Not sure what is Samsung's official response on this one. I don't want to speculate but certain media reports noted that use of nickel in the buds facing ear is the source of skin irritation and infection which may or may not be correct. However, bottomline is galaxy buds pro initiate allergic reaction to ears for a certain group of users unfortunately.

7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
You would need to send
A direct message
On the samsung members page
To samuk
Click on your profile direct message
Explaining the issue
With your Galaxy buds
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
I had the same problem, as have several others.
Doesn't work for everyone, but I cured the problem by replacing the silicone tips with memory foam tips. They're available on Amazon and elsewhere, but make sure that they are specifically designed for the Galaxy Buds Pro.
Hope this helps.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Interesting... does these infections only occur on the Galaxy Buds Pro and not on the other Buds models? I am interested in buying a buds, but do not know which one, as I am worried about this ear infection outbreak lol. How is the fit on them; do they not move in the ear canal at all, during daily use and movement of face/head? Thanks!
0 Likes
thebongabroad
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Steve.

0 Likes
thebongabroad
Journeyman
Options

This is quite interesting. I have used other buds with silicon tips i.e. nothing ear 1, airpods pro but never had any problems. Do you reckon Samsung use a sepcifc type of tips ? I will definitely look for your suggestion at Amazon, Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
thebongabroad
Journeyman
Options

Brilliant earbuds tbh, as soon as you use the correct tip size. Sounds great, fits great. Only this infection bit set me back a bit unfortunately.

AndrewL
Options

@thebongabroad: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered these symptoms while wearing your Galaxy Buds Pro. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods can get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Alternatively, please contact the relevant support team in your region for further assistance. 

0 Likes